17

Minji

I was slowly slipping back into consciousness, as an awful pain at the side of my head hit me. My eyes felt heavy as I barely managed to open them.

I tried to look around but my vision was too blurry to be able to take in the place where I was.

I tried to remember what happened, or how I even got here but there was nothing. My mind seems to be completely blank.

I tried to move, but that's when I realized that I'm tied down tightly to a chair. I tried to move again but to only have a voice speak up.

A familiar voice.

I felt my heart halt when a cool breeze hit my body, I looked down to find myself in my sports bra and boxers.

"I see that you're awake." Hanni's mother said, my vision was still pretty blurry for me to be able to picture anything from far away out or for me to even find her.

But it all came back to me. When she knocked at my door and knocked me out with god knows what. That would explain the horrible pain I feel.

"It's been a couple of years since I last saw you. How are you doing?" She had the audacity to ask, I still couldn't see her anywhere but my vision was definitely starting to get better.

"My well being doesn't concern you." I managed to say, I heard her chuckle resonate in the room we were in.

"You're right, your well being doesn't concern me but my daughter's well being does." She said. I felt a shiver run down my spine when I saw a figure emerge to my line of sight.

"Sometimes I wish I could've understood why Hanni liked you so much." She said, stepping closer to me. My vision no longer blurry as her face came to view.

Not be offensive but she looked like a crazed woman, completely out of it, nothing like the woman Mrs. Pham used to be.

Mrs. Pham was a beautiful woman, despite her horrible way of being.

I felt her hand grip my jaw tight as she made me look directly in to her eyes. Her eyes that only reflected anger towards me.

"You are a good for nothing Kim. Hanni shouldn't have ever liked someone like you." She said through gritted teeth.

I won't deny that her words were a squeeze at my heart.

She shouldn't have liked someone like me.

She let go of my jaw harshly, her ring causing a scratch on my skin, I let out a hiss and I heard her chuckle in response.

Now that I was able to look around, I realized exactly where we were. And it was sending me to a frenzy.

That night flashing through my mind, we were in the same dining room my parent's were killed in.

My mind was reenacting the scene as I looked at the table in front of me that now had a whole bunch of tools.

She was going to hurt me in the worst way possible, or maybe even kill me.

"You remember this place? The place you watched your mother's head land by your feet?" She said and my breathing was now uneven. I couldn't think of anything else as the scenes kept flashing before me.

Make it stop!

I suddenly felt harsh pulling on my hair causing me to snap out of it. "I can't let those memories consume you. There would be no fun in that, right?" She said with that same smile she gave me that night.

She let go of my hair, and took a couple of steps back from me.

"I will never comprehend why she chose to stay here with you, or why she chose you." She said, I didn't even see her coming when my cheek was greeted with a hard slap.