16

Hanni

Was I making the right decision? Is this what I truly want? Am I even doing the right thing?

My mind keeps telling me that this is a bad idea, that I'm only going back to what I ran away from. But, why is my heart saying the opposite?

My heart tells me that this is the right thing to do, that life was giving us a second chance to try things out again. That maybe this time, we'll have our happily ever after.

That my chapter with Minji hasn't closed yet, that we'll be able to finish writing our story. Maybe I was being a little foolish, or maybe just plain out stupid.

It felt like a battle inside my head to try and choose what's right. But, the being that is now growing inside me, answers all of them.

"Hanni, we can always turn this car around and head back home." Haerin said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Realizing that we were now parked outside my house. I felt a shiver run up my spine at the thought of seeing her again.

I have to do this, in whatever state she's in, I'll have to be strong and not let it affect me.

"No, it's okay. I have to do this, Haerin." I said and she only let out a weak nod as she turned to look at Danielle beside her.

Danielle was oddly quiet, but I knew it was because she was worried for me. Knowing what Minji did to me, made her uneasy about the whole situation.

Especially on me going back to her.

With one last deep breath, I got out the car. Despite being what I wanted this whole time, nervousness settled in me. What if Minji never wants to see me again for leaving her?

What if she rejects our baby? What if she rejects me? Or even rejects the thought of us?

I shook my head, I can't let the thoughts get to me right now.

I made my way towards the front door, my hands started to shake with anxiousness, maybe I wasn't ready to see her yet.

Once I was in front of the door, I let out a shaky breath as I raised my hand to knock on the door.

But I felt my heart drop when the door creaked open. Minji would never leave the door open like this, right?

I mean it was common sense, anyone would be able to get in the house if the door is open like that. Minji wouldn't do such thing, even when drunk she still was able to properly close and lock the door.

There is only one thing crossing my mind, something happened to Minji.

Nothing else would explain why the door just magically opened by itself!

I turned around hoping that they haven't left yet, and as if Haerin had read my mind she got out the car and made her way towards me.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she looked at me, I heard another car door slam shut indicating that Danielle got out the car as well.

Words didn't seem to form in my head as my hands started to shake.

"Haerin...the door...it was open." I said, barely being able to catch my breath. Haerin furrowed her eyebrows and turned to look at Danielle who had a concerned look on her face.

"Do you think Minji can pull a stunt like that?" She asked Danielle, we both know that Minji is capable of many things but never something like this.

She wouldn't scare me this way.

She hurt me in so many ways, she was able to cause me so much pain but never will she ever pull a prank to scare me.

Minji was a well known prankster back in high school, but her pranks always had a limit. Especially when it came to me.