in the sofa

At some point, William walked into the same bar with a man who seemed more like they were having a professional conversation rather than being out for fun. Throughout the night, they exchanged several glances. So when Galini's friend was about to leave, Angelo greeted the man with a handshake and went to the bar where Galini was preparing to leave. It was as if she didn't see him, but he wasn't discouraged. He grabbed her hand and told her to sit down.

"I know my behavior wasn't right, but don't overreact! You didn't even let me explain," he said to her.

"Well, you might be right," she replied and sat back at the bar.

"Get us two vodkas," he ordered to the barman and look again the girl next to him.

"You don't look so good, Galini."

"I'm fine! And you?" She respond with a fake expression.

"I won't lie, I'm not okay!... The first week, I stayed in a hotel, and then I found an acquaintance I used to work with in Athens who offered to host me until I found a place. But he was living with his girlfriend. Who flirted me incessantly, despite my lack of interest, of course! I didn't say anything to my friend to avoid tensions, but when I told her I would leave because I couldn't all this situation anymore, she accused me to her boyfriend that I wanted her and couldn't stop showing it whenever he was away. As you can imagine, things escalated from there. He attacked me, and it turned into a mess, you know."

"That's why you have all your bags with you."

"Yes," He replied with a look of despair.

"What about tonight? What will you do?"

"I don't know, maybe I'll go back to another hotel."

"Come to my place."

"Wouldn't Elias mind?"

"We broke up."

"Oh, now your mess makes sense."

They continued talking for a long time, and after ordering two shots of chocolate tequila, they decided to go to her home.

"Are you sure I'm not bothering you?"

"Don't worry. I felt guilty anyway, so I had to make up for it somehow. Οtherwise, the house is comfortable, and I have a second bedroom, so you'll fit just fine."

"Can I tell you something unrelated? You did well to break up with him."

"He broke up with me."

"Oops, sorry," he said, first expressing disbelief and then spontaneously covering his mouth with his hand. That night, after having a few drinks, they laughed a lot.

"Why do you trust me in your house?"

"I don't know. You give me the same vibe as before, as if we never stopped being in touch. Besides, people don't change easily!... Did I cover for you?"

"Absolutely!" he said, laughing.

The next morning, they got up, went to the kitchen, Galini showed him around, and after making two toast sandwiches, they started looking for apartments. However, time passed without them realizing it, and at some point, the doorbell rang. Since Galini was holding the tray with food, she asked William to open the door. Before he could fully open it, Elias barged in, pushing him.

"Who are you?" he asked William.

"Elias? What are you doing here?" Galini shouted at him, interrupting him.

"I came to get my last things."

"I haven't even left yet, and you're already moving in another man?"

"Don't worry about it. Didn't you break up with me?"

"Yes, and you didn't waste any time to move in with someone else. You're so weak!"

"Get lost, Elias, take your things, go to your girlfriend, and leave us alone." she couldn't control herself, and her responses were as rude as she knew.

At that moment, William might have felt very uncomfortable because he had taken refuge in the room Galini had offered him. After fifteen minutes, during which there were moments of tension and unrest, Elias rushed towards the exit. Galini went to the couch and started crying incessantly. William didn't take long to appear and quietly went to her side.

"Don't cry, it's not worth it," he said to her.

"I'm hurting so much. I can't understand why he did this to me. I loved him so much," she said between sobs.

"Don't cry anymore, please."

"I can't stop, I'm sorry for all that."

"Come here," he said, hugging her to calm her down.

"We'll put on a movie to relax, you'll see, you'll forget..."

At nine, Angelo opened his eyes and saw Galini sleeping in his arms. He stayed like that for a while before getting up discreetly. He covered her and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. When he finished, Galini woke up on her own. They ate, and without wasting any more time, they left for the houses they had noted from the online listings the previous night.

The first house was in the city center, but what William didn't like was that the kitchen wasn't modern at all. Without thinking too much and without giving explanations, they left for their second choice. This house was really nice, but the owner didn't want someone staying for such a short time. So they resorted to their last note. The apartment was perfect, but here too there was a problem; they definitely needed a car. It was enough far from the city center.

"I can't believe none of them worked out," she said as they entered her house.

"What problem did you face in the second one?"

"The timeframe didn't work for him. Basically, I wanted to do a master's degree, so my initial plan was to stay for long time. But anyway, the classes got canceled, and now I have to do a job to get the certificate, working somewhere they sent me."