together

They put on pajamas and made two pomegranate teas. It was cold that night, which suited the atmosphere. William slept on the couch, and in the morning when the sun hit him through the window, he decided he was ready for his first bath in the sea. Galini was surprised when she returned from the beach, and that was enough to influence her. They had gone to the sea three times in a week before Angelos went to work.

Gianna often invited them to her house in the evenings, either for food or for a movie, although they always ended up playing cards, especially their favorite game. Dimitra always collected the least amount if not all four lines because she was probably the most focused. Both girls had grown fond of William, now that they had gotten to know him better. Gianna had even shown interest in the first few days, but then she stopped. When Dimitra asked her why, she told her that the answer was clear if she looked at the table. William always cast covert glances at Galini, and even when she turned to meet his gaze, it felt so familiar to her.

"Is there something going on between them?"

"I don't think so, even though they're always together."

"She keeps everything to herself, so it's hard to draw conclusions. Although last week at my boss's party at the publishing house, they asked for separate rooms."

"I kind of like him, but I can see how well they get along and the way he looks at her, so I won't bother telling her."

"He seems like the childhood friend she often mentioned when he moved here."

"That's him!"

"What?"

"He probably has eyes only for Elias, who wasn't even nice to her because he was passing through a few years and that showed in his behavior. He even disrespected us. While this one...!"

"And they're living in the same house, how does that happen?"

"Don't even get me thinking about that." Gianna said with a girlish tone, and they returned to the living room.

For another night, the game lasted long, and William suggested if they wanted him to cook something. Along with the food came the music. The girls sang foreign rap, pop, and jazz songs, and William seemed to enjoy this unusual night espesialy . He had never heard Galini sing before, and she actually had a very nice voice.

Time had passed, and they had to leave. William drove because Galini had drunk a little for another tome, and when they arrived home despite the late hour, they were not sleepy at all.

They made two cappuccinos, covered themselves with a blanket on the couch, and started talking. At five in the morning, sleep caught up with them, so they got up around noon. It was Saturday, and since both had free time, they went to a beach that Galini had chosen.

"The place is so stunning."

"Yes! I know that's why I brought you here," she said with a playful smile. It was very hot, and there were many people. They got two teas from the beach bar and lay down on the sunbeds. When Galini took off her long black T-shirt, her body sparkled under the sun, and everyone turned to look at the black bikini shining with golden dust. After swimming, they sunbathed until Galini took her novel and went to read it on the hammock.

"I want to talk. And actually, aren't you going to get up? I want to sit too."

"Stay, I'm not getting up."

"Don't tell me that, because I will." Galini simply shrugged her shoulder, and he jumped on the hammock without much thought. Galini fell despite her efforts to hold on. But her laughter was what reassured him. He got up and immediately rushed to climb back up. It was the first time they had such close contact, with Galini sitting in his lap.

"I really like your company."

"I like it too; I always have."

"Almost three months have passed."

"I've gotten used to you, and it seems strange to me that you're leaving. Actually, I don't want to think about it."

"Elias is here, William."

"What?"

"Yes, and he's looking at us intensely."

"Do you remember that summer when I didn't come to Alexandra's country house? I was thinking about you constantly." He told her somewhat hastily and put his hand on her face.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't you want him to get jealous?" he asked her, but then he realized that with this move, instead of showing her that she wasn't his anymore, he would actually make him want her back out of ego.

"Look at how intensely he's looking at us," He said, and their bodies were now glued together in perfect harmony.

"I know. It seems like he wants me back. But I want to tease him even more. If I asked you a favor..."

"What?" he asked her, looking intensely into her eyes.

"Kiss me."

"No!"

"Please."

"I've done everything. But not that."

The tension escalated, and William got up abruptly, returning to his sunbed. They didn't linger much longer, and when they left, they were both a bit chilly.

That night, Galini didn't speak at all until William, at some point, noticed the reddened tint on her face.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why didn't you kiss me? First, one cheats on me,  and now you; I asked you for something simple. Am I so repulsive now? I don't understand."

"Fuck!" He shouted as he stood up and threw a vase to the ground. Galini was startled, freezing momentarily. He left without saying anything, slamming the door shut loudly.