Τhe first test: The boats

"I got it. You know, since I'm alone and have space at home, there's no need for you to look anywhere else. I just work from home and I need quiet when I write."

"Yeah, of course, it's just that I don't want to inconvenience you."

"Well, it's just a short period anyway, but if you also feel like you want to be alone later, we'll see. Or if I want to kick you out, I'll tell you, I'm not shy!" She teased him, laughing. And he looked at her, suddenly feeling like he was at Alexandra's country house. Probably because he hadn't seen that smile again since then.

Galini went into the kitchen and cooked lunch. They ate, and as usual, she sat down to write her book while William washed the dishes. Suddenly, she closed her laptop and told him to come watch TV. However, they ended up playing bluff with cards, with Galini's natural talent for the game winning every round.

"You're clever, I can't deny that. Or maybe you're just cunning."

"To beat you for so long means I'm both."

"I see you a little better today."

"Yeah, I'm a little better. It's just that everything that happened yesterday from here totally confused me. And I realized he also stays with his girlfriend, since he didn't deny it, so you understand. But what drove me crazy is that he asked about you."

"Maybe he got jealous, that's why."

"You think so?" Galini asked him with a different look.

"I do!" He replied to her with the same look.

"I won! I can't believe it, damn it, five out of five. You managed to distract me this time. Let me tell you, since I'll also be staying here, do you want to split the expenses?"

"NO! I'll get used to it and when you leave, I won't be able to recover." He threw it as an excuse and suggested something different.

"Actually, you know what I want?"

"What?"

"Something completely unrelated to finances. I want to make Elias jealous."

"Okay, Galini, the least I can do."

"What? You agreed so easily? I didn't expect that, I thought it would seem a little crazy to you."

"It's not like you asked me to fix the garden."

"He needs work too, did you notice that? Well, I'm off to bed because I have to finish a chapter tomorrow."

"Okay, goodnight Galini."

"Goodnight Angelos."

"Where can I find sheets?"

"They're all ready inside, don't worry..."

In the morning, Galini got up early and started writing her book. When William woke up, he saw her grabbing her yellow raincoat next to the door and asked her where she was going.

"I'm going to Elias's office to get the keys to the house."

Galini finally reached Elias's office and luckily found the secretary absent. However, before she approached his office door, she heard them talking.

"I booked the boats we talked about."

"Really? I didn't expect you to do that, Elias."

"You know I'm not crazy about these things. But since it's your birthday..."

"And when did you book them for?"

"For the day after, tomorrow," Elias replied to his secretary. At that moment, Galini forgot the reason she had come. She took a few steps back and tried to leave quietly, wiping her red eyes. When she heard the door, she decided not to take the elevator and quickly headed for the stairs.