Chapter One - Keefe's Pov -

Keefe closed his locker with a thud then strolled down the pristine halls of foxfire. His mind strayed to what had happened earlier that morning: His parents, Cassius and Gisela, had another heated argument over his failing grades and his future. Annoyed, he huffed and turned a corner, only to bump into a girl with a pair of warm brown eyes.

Sophie's embarrassment was so obvious that he almost chuckled. He quickly caught her and replaced his gloomy face with a grin. "Hey foster! Didn't know you missed me that much. Can't believe you're falling for me."

"Nice to see you too, Keefe." She replied with a groan while swatting his arms away from her. It hurt a bit, but he didn't let it show. When she finished adjusting her bag, she looked up at him and he almost blushed. He watched her stare into his ice blue eyes and check his face out. Mustering up a cocky grin, he said, "Can't keep your eyes off me, huh?" That seemed to knock her out of her trance and his lips twitched as he stared at her face.

Sophie's reply was drowned out by the cheerful chimes of the bell, signaling her time to go. As she muttered a small goodbye and left, Keefe looked back with a slight blush but then laughed when she almost tripped again.

Continuing his walk, he mused upon his favorite pair of brown gold eyes and his bad mood faded away.

. . .

On the way to lunch, Keefe heard Biana calling his name from behind. Turning back he slowed his pace for her to catch up. "Hey Biana, what's new?" He said with his mind someplace else.

"Hey, Keefe. I was wondering if ya wanted to join the group hangout at the amusement park during our break next week."

He thought back to the last hangout and flushed. Even though Sophie only kissed up on the cheek, his emotions got the best of him.

"Haha," Biana laughed, "Ya think she'll kiss you again?"

Keefe shook those thoughts away and buried them to a far corner of his mind. Sophie didn't like him, at least not the same way he loved her. She had Fitz instead. He saw and could almost feel how much she loved his kiss.

"Nah, haha. But sure I'll join the hangout. Text me later so I know the date." He quickly replied before masking his feelings with a smile.

"Alright-" she said unconvinced. But she skipped off anyways and waved while saying, "Gonna go tell Sophie now!"

He sighed and slowed his pace again and wiped his hands down his face in desperation. A single pesky tear rolled down and he quickly brushed it away before any of the students noticed.

{A/N: I saw this style of writing in many other fanfictions and thought it was cool. Lemme know if you like this style of writing each chapter from both Sophie's and Keefe's pov. Maybe I could even alternate or put it at random if the story needs it. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Make sure to drink plenty water and get good sleep. Ly! <3}