Chapter Nine | Keefe

{A/N: Not my motivation increasing when the chapters are about Sokeefe now. :'). Also this pov part is just for when they are alone in the cab. (I'm too lazy to do the previous part) Enjoy! <3}

Keefe's First-person pov-

I entered the cab ahead of Foster but then had an idea. Turning around smoothly, I held out my hand and hoped she'd take it.

"What?" She asked, and gazed over me with her warm honey-brown eyes.

"C'mon get in Foster, think I wouldn't be a gentleman?" I joked, trying to be sweet and flirty.

"Oh- um.. sure" She replied, choking back on her words. I hope she isn't weirded out... I silently thought. When I helped her in, her soft hands entwined with mine and my heartbeat raced. Assuming she would sit across from me, I gasped when she instead sat next to me. She doesn't think this is weird? Wait, why would she... It's not like we're dating. Friends sit next to each other all the time, right?

Then again, she seemed almost comfortable being so close. Could it mean that she, perhaps, likes me? No- quit gaslighting yourself Keefe.

"Foster? You there?" I asked, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Oh um sorry-" She said, zoning back into reality. She seemed lost in thought, and I wondered about it. The ride had started and the cab had made its slow ascend higher and higher. It reached a point when me and Foster could see the whole amusement park.

"This is beautiful" She quietly mumbled, maybe to herself.

She seemed lost in a trance so I quietly replied. "Just like you." Regretting the words the moment they escaped from my lips.

"Huh?" She asked, snapping back to reality.

"Oh- nothing- I was saying the view is nice..." I quickly covered up. This was probably suspicious now-

The awkward tension of the cab was soon diffused when the setting sun spilled warm sunlight on Sophie and her honey-brown eyes glistened. Her blonde hair seemed to glow under the warm light and her cute smile made my insides flutter. She looked over at my carefully tousled hair, which also seemed to shine in the sun. Her gaze shifted from my hair to my eyes and I felt a slight tug in my heart.

"Foster?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"Sorry!" She squeaked, blushing.

I smirked, her tinted cheeks were so cute. She was so embarrassed that we just sat in silence for a while. However, I couldn't take it anymore and drew closer.

"Sophie?" I asked, using her first name so she knew I was serious.

"Y-yeah.."

"I've been meaning to tell you something-" I said, pausing trying to muster up courage.

"What's that..?" She questioned, squeezing her eyes shut

I braced for an answer after I meekly blurted, "I.. like you."

{A/N: Whoooh I'm on a roll, 3 posts in a day? (Two here and 1 for my Oneshot book) I hope you enjoyed his pov!!! Ly! - Make sure to get plenty of sleep and drink lotsa water <3}