Chapter Three - Keefe's pov -

Keefe trudged inside his house. His parent's fighting faded to a halt when they noticed him. "Go to your room Keefe, me and your father need to settle this. He won't admit that he is in the wrong." Gisela stated, eyeing Cassius. He huffed and folded his arms. "Why you sly fox."

"You greedy pig!" Gisela snapped back.

Keefe sighed and brushed past them. He climbed up the stairs and into his room. Closing the door, he threw his schoolbag somewhere random and looked around his room. The mess of clothes everywhere. The dim curtains. The unmade bed. All to tick off his father.

This is embarrassing. He thought to himself. However, he didn't make a move to clean it. Instead, he showered and brought out his sketch book and sat on his unmade bed. The warm brown color and gold accents brought his memory to Sophie. Sighing, he opened the book and looked at the page with a portrait of her. His almost perfect memory remembered every shape and figure of her, capturing her essence almost perfectly. 

Even with his bickering parents, he mused upon her and was lost in time. 

Eventually he got up and looked at the time. 7:23. Shoot. He thought as he rushed to fix his hair. He styled it perfectly and raced down the stairs. They didn't notice him leave and he silently thanked God as he started the car.

. . .

Ding dong!

He rang the doorbell and his heart raced. Peeking through the window, he expected Sophie but was met with Edaline instead. "Oh hello Keefe! How are you?"

"Oh I'm fine Mrs. Ruewen, is Sophie home?" He replied looking up past her.

"Yes, as a matter of fact. Do you need anything?"

"Uh, yeah haha. I came to work with her on some schoolwork."

"Sophie! Your friend Keefe is here! He said it's for homework so I'm gonna let him upstairs." She called from the doorway.

"And you better not be doing anything else, alright Sencen?" Grady yelled for both of them to hear.

"Ignore him." She said rolling her eyes playfully. "Come on in, sweetie."

Keefe entered the warm and loving house and breathe in the fresh smell of baked goods. A clear difference from the cold and bickering home he was used to. He stood near the bottom of the stairs and waited for Sophie to come.

As she rushed to the top of the stairs she saw him smirking at the bottom. "Hey Foster, didn't expect me? I sent a messages but oh well." Shrugging, he trudged upstairs before she could say anything back. She huffed and moved aside mumbling and crossing her arms. Gosh, she's so cute when she pouts. He thought, blushing.

. . .

When Keefe sat on Sophie's rug with her, she seemed unsurprised when he admitted he didn't bring any homework.

"You never hang out with me anymoreeee" He whined.

"Not true! I've just been busy with- other stuff.." She shrank.

"You mean busy with the Fitzer." Keefe mumbled and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry Keefe, of course we can hang out some more."

"Yeah yeah, Foster.. I hear ya." He looked off into space and gazed dryly. "I didn't even know Dex dyed Iggy again, and everyone knows that!" He shouted, then plopped on his back and stared at her ceiling.

She sighed and laid down next to him. Looking over at him, she seemed to stare at him and when he noticed, her cheeks colored red. Iggy, dyed green, fluttered onto her shoulder and she giggled when he tickled her.

"Ooh, looks like someone's ticklish~" Keefe teased, his eyes glistening.

"Hahah, n-no" She replied nudging him.

He pushed back and got on top of her. "Yes you are Soph~" His voice hitched and he blushed slightly but hoped she didn't notice.

He gazed down at her, from her brown eyes to her soft lips. Suddenly, he had a great idea. He tickled her neck and stomach and she broke into a laughing fit. She tried to break free but he stayed on top and they got into a playful cat fight. After a few minutes they both stopped to breathe and looked into each other eyes. Gosh, what did I just do.. He silently thought.

"Keefe, I-" She started but he then put a hand to her lip.

"Foster, shh" he said, removing his hand and moving it next to her head. He leaned in closer making their noses touch slightly. His hot breath misted on her flushed cheeks. She closed her eyes, and for a second, he noticed her trying to close the space in between. However, he soon heard thumping coming from the stairs. Before he could get off her, someone barged into the room...

{A/N: Any idea who barged in? Lol, it might be too obvious. That cliffhanger is pretty bad :') Anyways make sure to get lots of sleep and drink plenty of water! Ly <3}