Chapter 13

Islas POV

The room was lit up by the eerie glow of my phone screen, the only source of light in the dark. It was way past bedtime, but sleep was about as likely as finding a unicorn in my backyard with all the uncertainty weighing down on me.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen as I scrolled through my social media feed, each flick of my thumb bringing turmoil within myself And then, there it was—a post from Sarah, a mutual friend of Myra and Adam, that stopped me dead in my tracks.

The words were carefully crafted, a delicate dance of hints and implications that left more questions than answers. My heart pounded in my chest as I read and reread the post, trying to decipher its hidden meaning. But no matter how hard I tried, it was like trying to solve a puzzle with half the pieces missing.

The post from Sarah felt like a mind game, each word chosen to keep me guessing. It was like she was speaking in some secret code only she understood, leaving me feeling like I was on the outside looking in.

Her words were like a cryptic crossword puzzle, leaving me scratching my head and feeling more lost than ever. I mean, seriously, who talks like that?

I read and reread her post, squinting at my phone like it held the answers to the meaning of life. But no matter how hard I tried, it was like trying to solve a Rubik's cube blindfolded – frustrating as hell and totally futile.

She mentioned "last night's events" without specifying what those events were. Was it a party? A fight? A misunderstanding? I couldn't tell. And then there was the reference to "certain people being involved," but who were these people? Myra and Adam? Someone else entirely?

I was frustrated. like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces missing. No matter how hard I tried to make sense of it all, it felt like I was grasping at straws.It was like trying to decipher hieroglyphics with only a toddler's grasp of Egyptian history.

But despite the confusion and uncertainty, there was a glimmer of determination flickering deep within me. I wasn't about to let Sarah's vague post derail my quest for answers. If anything, it only fueled my resolve to uncover the truth, no matter how elusive it seemed.

Frustration bubbled up inside me, mingling with the anxiety that had been eating at my insides all night. I knew I had to do something, had to find out what was really going on with Myra and Adam. So, without a second thought, I fired off a message to Sarah, hoping against hope that she would provide some much-needed clarity.

I probably shouldn't have done that because y'know, the whole 'curiosity killed the cat' thing but,

oh well!

But as the minutes stretched into hours, all I got in return was silence. A deafening silence that only served to make my frustration and confusion worse. 

I tossed my phone aside with a sigh, feeling utterly defeated. It was like every time I thought I was getting closer to the truth, it slipped through my fingers like sand.

OH and to make matters worse

Ali.

Ali was like a magnetic force, pulling at the strings of my heart with an intensity I couldn't ignore. Just the mere thought of him sent a shiver down my spine, a complex whirlwind of emotions stirring within me like a tempestuous storm.

He had this way about him, this way of being effortlessly charming and caring without even trying. It was like he had a superpower or something, the ability to make me question everything with just a smile or a kind word.

To Be Or Not To BeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara