Confession Letters (5)

It had been a week since they both had slept on the swing bed, however, Neil didn't know about it as Avni had left early in the morning before he had even woken up. They still went for their morning run & recreational club, however, Neil could feel that something was wrong. He could feel that Avni had become distant since that day. Initially, he thought that it might just be because she was busy with her work but it did not seem so after a point. Well, something was wrong with him too, his heart used to flutter every time he looked at her & he looked forward to see her. 

So today, Neil invited himself at Avni's place when they were coming back from the club on the pretext of wanting to have an adrak-elaichi chai prepared by her.

Neil watched her preparing the tea as he leaned against the kitchen platform while she could feel her heart racing - it was another scenario that she had imagined countlessly. They drank tea in silence while sitting in the balcony & watching the sunset. 

N - Avni, please sing something, no? - he asked politely. 

A - Uh, right now? - she looked at him.

N - Hm! If you want to, of course! - he said. 

Avni gave him a small smile & fetched her guitar. She settled next to him on the fluffy sofa as she adjusted the guitar on her lap, Neil watching her all the while. 

People fall in love in mysterious ways,

May be it's all part of a plan! 

Neil was equal parts mesmerised by her voice & annoyed by his stupid abrasive thoughts! He wanted to kiss her, bad, so bad that he physically couldn't contain it anymore. It was as if the song worded out all his feelings - it was mystery to him how he felt so strongly about her after knowing her only for a month. He wasn't sure if it was love yet, but he sure liked her, a lot! 

I'll just keep on making the same mistakes,

Hoping that you'll understand!   

Avni wanted to laugh at how the song reflected her thoughts. She indeed was making the same mistake by watching him, observing him from even closer than before. She had tried to tame her wild heart but it just would not listen when it came to him.

So baby now!

Take me into your loving arms, 

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, 

Oh darling, place your hand on my beating heart!

Avni knew that she was just too messed up to ever tell him this in a conversation, she didn't want him to reject her again, but it was just too much to keep inside, she needed to let it out. So, she confessed through the song - asking him to take her in his arms, to kiss her without having a worry of the world, & to feel her beating heart for him!

I'm thinking out loud

That may be we found love right where we are! 

It was like a lock had unlocked in his heart & he wasn't thinking straight anymore when he moved closer to Avni. Slowly tucking the hair strands behind her ear that fell on her face, he placed his palm on her cheeks as his thumb traced her upper cheekbone. 

She was like pottery to him, his coping mechanism! He traced the structure of the bones on her face, as if memorizing each little detail. Avni had shut her eyes close as the proximity was too much to taken in. She wanted to push him away & pull him closer with the same intensity. She placed her guitar beside her & her hands fisted the white cotton of his shirt.