Unexpected Serendipity (4)

Avni could feel the jitters wrecking her body after the little act of bravery she just pulled last night. It was as if she was in a haze, after all those years of waiting while watching him from afar, he was finally in front of her, so close & so intimate, she couldn't stop herself from getting a taste of him, because in that moment she knew that even he wanted her, & she wasn't making things up in her mind, she had seen it in his gorgeous hazel brown eyes, she had seen the way his eyes dilated when they were so close to each other. 

The whole night passed by in a frenzy, however, along with the dawn of the day, came the dawn of realisation of what she had really done! Neil didn't know about her one-sided obsession for him, and she felt like facing him at the breakfast was going to be awkward with a capital A! 

However, when she came to the dining table, she observed that Neil was uncharacteristically chill as he served her food. He flashed a smirky grin at her as he wished her morning while she just tried to make sure that her lungs take in enough oxygen when her breathing became erratic. 

Avni was chewing on the pancake when Neil suddenly got up from his chair & bent towards her over the table. She could feel her eyes widening the size of saucers as she blinked them rapidly when he put his hand on the base of her neck & held her chin with his thumb. Her chest heaved up & down when his thumb rubbed the corner of her lips in gentle motions. 

A - Ky-kya kar rhe hain aap? - she breathily whispered. 

N - Uh, there was some syrup there. Just helped you up! - he spoke too innocently as he sat back in his chair. 

Avni did not miss the chortle that left his throat while her cheeks heated up & she was sure that they were the colour of strawberries now!  

N - Uh, there is a party today, it's my friend Ali's birthday! Do you think you wanna come? - he asked as he took in a bite of pancakes.

A - Your friends won't mind me ? - she wondered.

N - No, Avni. - he smiled. I'm sure they'll enjoy your company. Be ready at 7 in the evening, okay? - he said while she just nodded with a smile.

________________

Avni looked at herself in the mirror as she took her look in. She had worn his favourite colour today, white! Her round-neck white kurta had high side slits & and she had paired it up with light blue denim with simple chappals. She had worn dangling oxidized jhumkas & had left her hair open. Crossing her index finger with the middle one, she moved out of the room as she nervously bit the corners of her lower lip. 

The sound of her oxidized bangles grabbed Neil's attention as he turned to look at her. He was checking some mails on his phone when he turned towards her & looked up. He blinked away & in a haste to reply to the mail, he looked back at his phone but then bobbed his head back up when his mind finally registered the way she looked. Neil couldn't blink anymore as he looked at her. He had had his fair share of girls but had never seen someone so beautiful even in the simplest of outfits & with the minimal of accessories. She looked like a vision to him & he had a sudden urge to capture her in his camera & the thought was weird to even him as he had not picked his camera up in years now! What was this girl even doing to him!?

He was still in a state of daze when his phone rang, breaking his trance. Jolting a little in surprise, he picked the phone up & gestured Avni to moved outside the house as he himself moved out with her. 

The car ride was mostly silent with music filling in for the silence. However, both of them did make sure to steal some glances when they thought that the other one wasn't looking.