Loving The Bad Boy: Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Status: Edited

"A brother?" I gave the doctor a crazy look, making it seem like he was the crazy one. I didn't have any other siblings, I was an only child.

"Hey, Vanessa," a tall boy with disheveled hair and a frown placed on his lips appeared in the door way. "And before you have a crazy panic attack, I am your brother. We were separated at birth, I went with mom and you went with dad. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping in touch with you, I was ten when we were separated so I remember dad and you."

"And how old was I?" I furrowed my eyebrows, this didn't make any sense. Why wouldn't dad tell me this.

"You were a newborn baby," my supposedly brother scratched the back of his head. "And again, I'm sorry. I should've visited or something."

"It's fine," tears were blurring my vision. "You know that dad-"

"Dad beats you?" He finished for me. "Yeah, I just found out. If I had been the older brother and visited you; then this wouldn't have happened."

"Where's mom?"

"She died," he let a year slip from his eyes. "Didn't dad tell you? There was a funeral and everything; I really wanted to see you again so I came. But you didn't."

"Dad never told me," I blinked back the tears in my eyes, "he said mom died when I was just born."

"Nah," Steve let out a saddened laugh. "I seriously can't believe he lied to you and the man he had become. When it was the four of us, he was happy as can be."

"Well, he's not like that anymore," I sat up from my laying position, groaning in pain in the process but I managed to sit up just fine. I took a look at Vince who was deep in thought.

"Yeah, I noticed."

"Steve, this is Vince, uh- my boyfriend," I said, unsure of what to call him. Did we call it quits or were we still together?

"Hey," Vince got up, shaking Steve's out stretched hand. "Sorry about your mom, I bet she was a very nice person:"

"Oh, she was," Steve let out a laugh as if we were remembering all the memories they shared together. I wish that I went with the two, that I got to know her too.

"Anyways, on another note, how are you?" I asked, my eyes piercing into his. Steve smiled and let out a small chortle.

"I've been good, but I should be asking you that question," Steve furrowed his eyebrows and walked closer to me. I could see Vince tense up in a protective boyfriend manner. Putting my hand on his shoulder, I assured him that it was okay.

"Actually, Vince makes me happy aside from all the things he has done to himself and me," I smiled, looking at Vince as his eyes poured with guilt. "But with my dad, I've been a mess. He wants me to marry a boy called Brad which was my former boyfriend. But I left him; he hurt me to much."

"Brad?" Steve narrowed his eyes at his name. Did they know each other? "Brad! That kid, gosh, I hate him. He has been hurting you ever since you were a baby. I would always have to protect you when he was around. I thought he moved, and so when I left, I thought you were safe. Obviously not."

"You two know each other?" I asked in disbelief, furrowing my eyebrows. "He never mentioned you, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember you."

"Well, I'm here now and you don't have to worry about Brad anymore," his voice was laced with venom, but also sincere. "Where is the little mutt anyways?"

"In jail," Vince answered as soon as I opened my mouth, "along with that no good of a father. They got caught, and since they abused and took drugs, they are staying for a long time."