Loving The Bad Boy: Chapter Thirteen

Edited

"Nina?" My voice was a low whisper since I didn't want to wake up Vince, who was sound asleep next to me.

"What's up, Vanessa? It's three o'clock in the morning," Nina's groggy, irritated voice whined at me. But I could careless, some things were much more important.

"Can I come over? I need to talk to you," I pleaded with all my heart, in hopes that she would say yes. I just really needed a girl to talk to and not just a boy that wouldn't understand my problems.

"Sure, what time do you think you're going to get here?" Nina started to shuffle around, cursing under her breath because she stubbed her big toe.

"Um, around four probably," I guessed before we said our good byes and hung up. I got out of Vince's bed in slow movements, trying my hardest not to wake him up.

I laced up my high tops, and grabbed the keys to the convertible that Vince had bought me for no apparent reason. Well, his reason was that I needed a car that might not always be here to give me a ride which, honestly, made me tear up on the inside.

I walked out of the house, without a peep coming from me and hopped in my car. I brought the car to life, backing my way out of the driveway and onto the dark, abandoned streets.

Since it was dark, I had a hard time finding Nina's house but I managed. I pulled up next to her car, opening her front door. I walked quietly up the stairs but instantly froze when I heard loud footsteps behind me and a raspy voice say my name.

"Nina?" Max. I was relived that it was only Max, but then I heard another pair of footsteps and another guy voice.

"Who's the hottie?"

"Shut up, Nick, she has a boyfriend and you have a girlfriend. Also, why would she go for a guy like you? I'm surprised you even have a girlfriend, I never thought you would get one because every girl thinks your gross," Max seriously stated. Although it was mean, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Shut the hell up, Max, you don't even have a girlfriend but you do have a crush," Nick started cooing but immediately stopped when Max punched his arm. Hard.

"Anyways, what you doin' here?" Max questioned, walking up to me with a smile.

"I have to have some girl talk with Nina, so I came here. Why are you up so early?"

"Oh. I was hoping you came here to see me," Max smirked as I rolled my eyes. "And Nick and I are pulling an all nighter, we came down to get some food."

"Cool, anyways, I'll be going now. Bye Max and nice to meet you, Nick," I gave Max a hug good bye and a wave to Nick and headed down the hallway towards Nina's room.

"'Bout time you get 'ere. I was starting to get worried," Nina looked at me with a smile. "Now what is it you want to talk about?"

"Girls. Vince. Boys," I listed, tears forming in my eyes. Nina wrapped me in a hug, telling me to let it all out. "I woke up around two and Vince's phone was going off like crazy, so I looked at it. I know it's not the right thing to do but I was curious. His phone was blowing up with text messages by Hanna, the one at our school. She had said things like, can't wait until tomorrow - anything like that. I have a feeling he might be cheating on me but I'm not even close enough to sure."

"Aw, honey. Look, I have an idea. Why don't we both follow Vince to wherever he's going tomorrow and see if he's doing anything wrong," Nina suggested, looking at me with her big eyes.

"Okay, that sounds good," I unwrapped myself from her, smiling at my very best friend.

"Is there anything else you need to tell me?" Nina looked at me expectantly as I shook my head, she looked at me as if she can see my soul. "Don't lie to me now."