Champion Ship

Black!Femoc x Group

_____

___

_______

it was my champion ship game against our biggest rivalry, Notre Dame.

Penelope Jackson. One of the best college volleyball players out there. She was good, could play all positions but her main one was outside hitter.

i'm a libero, meaning any hits she took, i was there to keep it from hitting the ground. We've gone against them about 4 times, due to so many rematches. tonight, I felt empowered. Going against Penelope was just the perfect thing I needed.

"Look, i know you and penelope have some history, but don't do anything that gets y'all disqualified." azzi spoke up as she and the rest of the girls basketball team sat down on the bleachers.

it was still 3 minutes before we could start warming up so I decided to talk to my favorite people on the planet.

once azzi brought her name up, i looked across the gym to see her and a few other girls putting their shoes on.

"as much as I would want to hurt her, i can't. ugh she just makes me so upset." i told the girls as we all watched penelope run 2 laps.

"well, take all the anger and put it on the court. be smart about it though." carol said as the girls nodded, I nodded at her. finally the score board was set to 7 minutes.

"alright, I gotta go. let's get this win, baby." i said and went down to the gym floor. the girls started to cheer, making me roll my eyes.

as E'vyah, my teammate and i were peppering, i could hear someone chuckle. i turn and saw penelope and one of her teammates walking around.

i ignored it until I heard her voice, "Monisa, good to see you, babe." she spoke, I can just hear the smirk in her voice. I rolled my eyes but turned around nonetheless.

"so nice to see you too, penelope.." i spoke, sarcasm all in my voice. I could hear paige loud ass, "yo, look!" she told the team.

penelope chuckled, "i see your little buddies are here to watch you embarrass yourself huh?" she spoke, her arms crossed. i scoffed at her, "aren't you like what... 20? why are you acting like you're 12?" i asked as i looked at her confused, i could see azzi stand up in the corner of my eye, probably just making sure nothing gets too out of hand before the actual game.

she looked you up and down and rolled her eyes, "yea okay, monisa. just be ready to get your ass beat today." she spoke and walked closer. i glared at her, "you talk a lot shit.. let's see if you can back it up." i said back as I also stepped closer.

"alright, let's go Mon." E'vyah said as she pulled my arm back, i looked penelope up and down before walking away. she walked back to her side of the court.

"what was that all about? is she still upset about last time?" E'vyah asked as we both started to see the rest of the team. "I guess. it doesn't matter though, let's just win this"

•••

they began to call the starting line ups, when they called my name you could hear azzi and the girls cheering loud, i smiled as i heard the noise.

we did the national anthem and all that jizz jazz. our team had blue and I had a white jersey with the number 7 on it.

I had got ready, crouched down listening for that whistle. i could see penelope smirk as she was at the net. i just shook my head, not even worrying about the girl. it was packed in here, it was game time baby.