Lethal Basketball Mom

Paige x Black!Readerfem

_______
___
_______

you walked into the stadium, this would be your first time going against UConn with this team. you also felt like this would be your last time playing with this team as well.

the school wasn't bad, not at all. the coach? a totally different story. she's just overall a bad person. she would always push you too hard, even when you begged her to stop.

"I don't care! Keep running, Katz!"

"But coach! i've been doing suicides for the last 15-"

"I don't care! say something else and i'll add on another 10!"

you were getting sick of her obvious favoritism towards the rest of the team. she knew you were the best, that's why she pushed you so hard. her daughter was number one before you came, and when you did, her and the coach got upset about that.

so you always had to suffer.

-

you and your team were warming up, UConn players on the opposite side. they were good, great even. you thought this was going to be tuff sensing the fact that you'll be carrying your team the whole time.

you couldn't help but take a longer glance towards the paige bueckers. she was a sight to see, she had in her signature two braids into a ponytail.

you took a quick glance at every one else, that team looked like the best ever. they were laughing and just looked like they were having a good time.

you were still grateful, but you told your parents plenty of times you did not want to be on this team. they didn't listen because they went to this college and so they want you to follow their footsteps, although it's not about them, it's about you.

"Y/n! go get the water bottles from out the locker room!" you looked at her with a crazed look. "that's not my job, coach. Ms. Sasha is right there." you told her, trying to stay respectful as possible.

she crossed her arms, you just sighed and went to get the bottles. you didn't notice but a pair of eyes followed you.

(heads up, it wasn't paige 🤫)

when you came back it was time to actually start the game. you were excited, nervous and kind of scared.

"alright ladies, it's time to show up and show out. we all know how amazing UConn is but we got this. y/n, don't try to out shine anyone, especially my baby. let's go!"

the starting 10 players got into the floor, you and nika were doing jump ball, the ref threw it up and luckily you smacked it over to one of your teammates.

they knew to pass it right back to you, so you had the ball and dribbled it and made the shot.

"Y/N KATZ!!"

as paige started coming towards your side of the court, you were ready to guard her. she was a tough one to guard, but you didn't give up. she got passed you and passed the ball towards azzi and azzi made that perfect three.

"THREEEEE AZZIIIIII FUDDD!!"

you sighed but gained focus again once the coach's daughter, Angelica, passed the ball towards you. too hard. you almost lost control of the ball, you quickly looked at her but made your way down the court.