for the better.

I wish things were different.

azzi walked into the shared apartment she had with the rest of team. she saw a leg on the couch, paige's leg. she smiled, realizing the girl of her dreams is here, she wanted to see her all day.

but azzi heart dropped. she saw another girl next to her. kylie. they were laughing, enjoying each other presence. the worst thing about it, paige looked happy.

happy without azzi.

she quickly turned around and walked out, needing to clear that image out of her head. she decided to dial up kk, knowing that she was the only one who really knew about the feelings.

azzi walked outside and sat in the passenger seat of kk's car. kk smiled, which made azzi smile sadly. "BOW BOW BOW." kk said as she turned the radio down.

azzi sighed, "i'm not in the mood to bow bow bow right now, k." azzi spoke sadly, her fingers fidgeting. kk smile fell as she realized this was serious.

"what happened?" she asked, her full focus on her teammate. she knew it was about paige, just the look on azzi face tells her.

"i saw her with kylie." just azzi hearing herself say that made her heart break. it shouldn't be paige and kylie, it should be paige and azzi. she could feel herself tear up.

"az, you sure it wasn't just a misunderstanding? i mean they could just be hanging out." kk told her, her hand on azzi shoulders.

"of course it wasn't no damn misunderstanding, kk. they were all on each other and laughing. she's never been on anyone like that other than me." azzi told her, her hot tears spilling. azzi looked at kk, "do you think she even sees me that way, k?"

kk looked at azzi with full sorrow, the thought that she heard paige talk about azzi to nika before in her head.

flashback
february 2nd, 2024

kk was in the kitchen when she heard little chatter coming from nika's room. she ain't wanna be nosy but it's kk we're taking about. she quietly walked up to the door and it was peeked open, so she could see stuff but all she really needed to do was hear.

"so have you thought about asking her?" nika asked paige, kk was confused. her? who's her? she could hear paige sigh before answering, "twin, ion even know to be honest. it's like i want to but she's my best friend. i don't want anything to happen y'know?" paige replied, kk then soon realized who was the topic of the conversation.

"i understand, but it seems like she wants you to ask her.. just think about it yea? plus if anything didn't work out, at the end of the day yall still will be friends." nika spoke, it sounded like she was headed towards the door so kk quickly dashed out of there, not staying to listen to paige's response.

-

"i think that maybe she's just scared? maybe she doesn't wanna ruin things." kk told her, azzi just groaned. "nothing should happen if we both want it." azzi spoke, "let's just go somewhere i don't wanna think about this right now." kk nodded, feeling bad for the junior.

-

8:16pm

paige🥰

azzi

azzi hello

where have you been?

i've been waiting to see you all day

did i so something?

why aren't you answering?
read 8:17

read? seriously?

come on answer me

please?

incoming call from paige🥰

answer | decline

decline

wow

okay
read 8:21 pm

azzi knew what she was doing was wrong.. it was unecessary. she thought doing this was the only way she could fully get over paige. she was currently in the chipotle drive through with kk, they've been hanging out all day.

paige was confused, why wasn't she answering? why was she ignoring her? she was hurt, of course. her best friend is literally avoiding her, did paige know why? absolutely not.

she then decided to check her location.

Chipotle Mexican Grill
currently with KK 😈

why was she with kk? why isn't she answering?

paige decided on calling Kk, she could just ask to talk to azzi.

Calling KK😈

"oh shit."

azzi looked over at her with a confused look, "what's wrong?"

Kk then showed her phone towards azzi and azzi then realized why she said that. "what do I do?"

"answer it!"

she then pressed answer.
"what's up, p?" kk asked, you could hear the frustration in paige's voice, "can I speak to az? she isn't answering her phone."

Kk looked at azzi with a panicked look, azzi eyes went wide before quietly telling Kk to tell paige she's asleep.

"shes asleep right now." Kk lied, she felt bad but azzi was hurt and if this was the only way she could help, she's gonna do it.

"asleep?"

"yeah, the line got so long and we were waiting for like 30 minutes so she just went to sleep." Kk said, azzi smiled, silently thanking her.

"okay.. well let me know when yall are on your way back."

"mhm! yea. bye P!"

Kk looked at azzi with a stern look. "you know you can't keep doing this." she told her, azzi sighed and pulled her knees up in the seat.

"i know.. but maybe it's for the better."

(supposed to be) based off the song, "waiting room" by queen phoebe bridgers

idk..

enjoyed? eh