asthma attack

(i can relate to this bc i literally have asthma thats kinda why i wrote it tehe, tw!)

UIdaho vs UConn

it was only you, kk, ashlynn, aubrey, and ice on. paige and nika out for having 3 fouls and azzi were sitting out due to injury.

Geno called a time out, getting agitated with the score. you were also getting annoyed by the way you were playing. you're asthma was messing up but you kept pushing.

"what's going on out there? they sre making shots that we can easily block! Williams, what's going on with you? you're slowing down! pick up the paste. I will gladly sub you out with Ines!" you can hear the anger in his voice, all you could do is nod.
maybe that's the best thing to do at this moment.

you didn't notice but paige, azzi, and nika were carefully watching you. they noticed how you were breathing but didn't say anything since you didn't say anything.

you were starting to wheeze but just ignored it. geno told you all a few more plays you can do and it was time to play again.

the ball was in your possession and you was already half way down court, you were open so aubrey threw the ball in your direction. you quickly got it and ran down the court to score a bucket.

as you were about to do a and 1, you felt the wind knock out of you. the whistle blew and you were still on the ground. you can hear your teammates running towards you.

"y/n? you good?" aubrey asked, your breathing was getting worse, but you still decided to push yourself. you nodded towards her and got up with their help.

you started to feel light headed but just ignored it. you made the two shots at the free throw and ran to the opposite side of the court. as one of the girls on Idaho was running with the ball, you managed to steal it but you started to feel worse.

as the crowd and the bench cheered for the steal you did, you started slowing down. you're breathing was getting shorter and finally, your knees buckled.

you clutched your jersey, looking around in panic. this was embarrassing, millions of people watching you have an asthma attack.

"where's her inhaler? ines, go look in the locker room." cd was quick to say as she came running towards you. everyone was looking around the bench area looking for it.

cd crouched down infront of you, ice still behind you. "try and focus okay? in and out." cd spoke, grabbing onto your arms.

you shook your head, you started to get even worse. "i- i can't. it's getting to ha-" you began coughing, you reached out for cd, grabbing onto her tight.

finally, nika and paige came running towards you, the inhaler in paige's hand. she opened it and put it in your mouth. you quickly took two puffs and looked around a bit more.

they started to help you up and walk you to the bench. azzi was standing, immediately sitting down when you came over. she grabbed your hand quickly, worry all over her face.

you smiled at her, still out of breath a bit. "you doing okay now?" she asked. she noticed you were still wheezing. you nodded your head, you really still couldn't speak yet.

"why didn't you asked to get subbed out, y/n?" nika ran over and she crouched infront of you. paige quickly behind her, wanting to know as well.

you took a few more deep breaths before answering, "i didn't want coach to see me be vulnerable then i already looked. you know what he said, i was getting slow." you said, looking at the ground.

"so what? you're health comes first, always." geno spoke as he walked up to you. you looked up at him, regret all in your eyes.

"listen, i'm just glad you're okay.. but i might have to sub you out for the rest of the quarter." he continued, you looked down but nodded. you completely understood why.

"please don't do that, we cannot lose you." paige spoke, the girls chuckled. you smiled back, happy that you can be around these girls.

anyways..

vote nd comment

send request 🙏🏾

byee