·:*¨ 🕸 ¨*:·

~Chapter 07~

————

"Marcus, Caius, look!" Aro crooned, glancing at the other two leaders. "Bella is alive after all, and Alice is here with her! Isn't that wonderful?"

Marcus and Caius, however, remained stoic and uninterested but that didn't stop Aro's enjoyment. Novaria fought back a laugh at their lack of enthusiasm. She stood with her back straight, her features carefully composed before she could get caught.

Bella, Alice, and Edward stood in the middle of the hall, surrounded. All eyes were fixed on them as Aro addressed them. Novaria made sure to give Bella a stern and blank stare before looking away, concealing her amusement.

She watched as Edward held Bella tightly, his arms protectively around her. Aro chuckled playfully and asked, "How can you stand so close to her like that?"

"It's not without effort." Edward responded, trying to maintain his composure. Aro's playful tone shifted, and he remarked "But still – la tua cantante! What a waste."

A chorus of laughter echoed in the hall, except for the two Cullens and Bella. Ivan glanced at Novaria and quirked an eyebrow. "Do you know what that means?" He asked.

"I was going to ask the same thing, but I didn't want to interrupt Aro's banter with them." Novaria replied, her gaze shifting back to the trio. She couldn't help but conceal an amused smile as Aro continued his interrogation.

"It means 'your blood singer' in English." Jane whispered to Novaria. Novaria nodded and chuckled quietly at the term, finding it somewhat ridiculous. She thought to herself 'Pathetic.' as she glanced at Bella and Edward.

Their attention was quickly averted when Aro spoke, stepping towards Bella and Edward. "Just remember how she appeals to you.... It makes me thirsty," Aro said, then chuckled when Edward tensed.

"Don't be disturbed. I mean her no harm. But I am so curious about one thing in particular." He eyed the brunette with bright interest. "May I?" he asked eagerly, lifting one hand.

Novaria watched as Bella approached Aro hesitantly. "I'm fascinated that you are the one exception to Edward's impressive talent. It is so very interesting that such a thing should occur." Aro took Bella's trembling hand, his icy touch sending shivers down her spine.

"And I was wondering, since our talents are similar in many ways, if you would be so kind as to allow me to try, to see if you are an exception for me as well?" Aro reached out, as if to shake Bella's hand, and pressed his insubstantial-looking skin against hers.

Novaria narrowed her eyes, giving the brunette a sidelong glance before averting her gaze. "She's immune to Aro as well." she murmured under her breath, before refocusing her attention.

Aro's face altered as he watched Bella's reaction. The confidence in his expression wavered and became first doubt, then incredulity, before he calmed it into a friendly mask. "So very interesting," he said as he released Bella's hand and drifted back.

Suddenly, Aro shook his head and glanced at Novaria before turning his attention to Jane. "Ah! First...I wonder if she is immune to our other talents. Jane, dear?" he said to himself before addressing Jane directly. "My dear one, I was wondering if Bella is immune to you as well?"