·:*¨ 🕸 ¨*:·

~Chapter 12~

————
————

"Our kind. Lots of them." Alice said as she turned her icy gaze on Jacob. "All of them now are after-"

"Why? I thought only the curlyheads would come after Bella!" Jacob's eyebrows furrowed in frustration and disbelief.

Jasper's calm voice chimed in, trying to ease the tension. "There are too many for you to handle, dog? Besides, we have a few advantages. It will be an even fight."

"No." Jacob said firmly, a fierce half-smile spreading across his face. "It won't be even."

"Excellent!" Alice hissed, her face alive with exultation. "Everything just disappeared, of course." She turned to Jacob, her voice smug. "That's inconvenient, but, all things considered, I'll take it."

"We're in." Jacob stepped closer, followed by Embry and Quil. "We'll have to coordinate." he said, his voice serious. "It won't be easy for us. Still, this is our job more than yours."

"We wouldn't go that far." Embry added before Jacob continued "And we need all the help we can get. We aren't going to be picky."

As the wolf pack eagerly agreed to join the fight and protect the brunette, the Cullens finally agreed and began to plan for the upcoming battle. The next few days, The Uley pack also came in their wolf forms and stood united with the Cullens outside their house, ready to train and prepare for the battle ahead.

————
————

Ivan already left and returned to Volterra. Novaria felt a sense of relief wash over her as Ivan promised to tell Aro about their failed mission. She hoped that there would be no repercussions.

Today, Novaria, Victoria and Riley met up to finalize their plans. Riley made an announcement to the newborns that they should get ready and prepare to separate from the three of them once they reached the top of the mountain. The snow had started to fall lightly, adding to the already frigid atmosphere.

"Novaria, will I see you again?" Bree Tanner, who was an inch taller than Novaria, approached her hesitantly. Novaria nodded and walked towards her sister's side before making her way to Bree.

"Of course, we'll see each other soon." she reassured her. "Maybe even, after the battle." She added, and Bree smiled lightly, her eyes meeting the ground.

"Promise?" —— "Yes."

Ever since the newborns arrived along with Riley in Forks, Novaria and Bree had become friends. It was a relief for Novaria to finally have someone her age, and she was surprised by Bree's kindness and anxious nature.

In fact, Novaria had even smacked Riley on the back of his head, sending him flying through air when he had startled and taunted Bree the other day.

"Okay enough now, Bree. Go." Riley stated firmly to the young vampire, signaling for her to leave

However, Novaria's eyes narrowed in disapproval. "It's not even time yet. Don't be so hasty." She shot back before glancing at Bree.

Riley turned to Novaria with an annoyed expression. "But it is time, Novaria. The Cullens must already be there. They can't afford to be late." He argued.

Novaria stepped closer towards Riley, her face blank and composed. "Bree is still young, you imbecile. She is not ready to fight, don't force her!" she retorted, her voice quiet but firm.

"You do not have a choice. It was not my decision to make." Riley retorted, glancing over at Victoria who stood by the tree, watching them with disinterest. "It was your sister's."

Novaria sneered, her gaze hardening towards Riley. "And why choose Bree out of so many people?" —— "I have to follow my lover's order, Novaria!"

"My sister is not even in love-" Victoria suddenly appeared in front of Novaria, her face daring her to continue.

"Say the words. I dare you." Victoria whispered tauntingly. Novaria's jaw clenched in frustration, but she fought to maintain her calm demeanor.

She didn't flinch, and instead, she turned away from Victoria and walked towards bree. "You can come with us. Just ignore Riley and my sister."

Bree's shoulders sagged, and she turned to Novaria and placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's fine. I'll go with the rest. We promised to see each other again after the fight anyways."

Novaria's eyebrows knitted together. She had only recently made a new friend after centuries, aside from her Volturi comrades. With a sigh, she reluctantly nodded. "Just be careful. And stay away from the Cullens."

Bree nodded. Before Novaria could say anything else, Bree surprised her by pulling her into a hug. Novaria hesitated for a moment before returning the hug.

As Bree pulled away, she gave Novaria a small wave and one last smile. "Bye!"

She watched as Bree walked away with the rest of the newborns, before turning back to face Riley and Victoria, who were already ready to climb the mountain. Novaria gritted her teeth and bumped harshly into Riley's shoulder, causing him to stumble back before teleporting ahead of them.

————