𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 -𝟏𝟖- 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

This chapter will be a short one. (Kyuki real story next chapter se start hogi)
Target- 150 votes + 20 comments

I finally got the dream project on which I've been working on from so many months

I finally got the dream project on which I've been working on from so many months. Today I smiled after one week I guess. I don't usually smile because I save them for my big days.

When I reached my office, my phone was lying on the table. I never take my phone with me in any meeting or conference because when someone calls me, I cannot avoid it. Maybe because of a past reason. I always feel the need to pick up.

I switched on my phone, only to get a notification saying, 'eight missed calls from Ridhima Malik'.

What's so important? And why is she calling me? But the number eight scared me, and I felt the urgue to call her to make sure she's okay. She received my call.

"Ridhima? What's so important that you called me eight times?" I asked, hiding my worry.

"Why should I tell you? You have done nothing to be her husband" she replied, in anger. Getting on my nerves is really easy and this girl never fails in doing so.

"What nonsense! I don't have time for this, say whatever you want to say" I also replied, in anger.

"Aastha is in labour!" She shouted. I froze for a second, trying to process what she just said. Aastha gave birth to Kiaan? I became a father? Wait– am I dreaming?

"What?" I stood up from my chair, in surprise. My face lit up, after imagining Kiaan. I didn't realised but I got a big smile on my face. Getting my dream my project was nothing, literally nothing in front of this achievement.

"Where are you right now?? How is she? How is my baby? Tell me Ridhima" I dropped a bag of questions on her.

"She's in Operation theatre and we're in City hospital. Come right now!" She ordered, and from her voice, I could make out that she was still upset with me for not receiving her call. But I don't care, all I care about is Kiaan, my son and Aastha, who gave me this blessing of being a father.

"I'm coming" I said in hurry, and hang up the call. I quickly grabbed my car keys and hurried to reach the elevator.

I was standing infront of the elevator, impatiently waiting. I turned around and saw my employees froze at their places and they were staring at me with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. Yes, I was smiling and it was their first time to see me like this.

I cleared my throat and they looked away, resuming their work. The elevator was taking too long, I should take stairs instead.

I drove to the City Hospital and finally reached there. I ran inside, asking the receptionist where Aastha was but I saw Ridhima from a distance. I fixed my hair, cleared throat and tried not to smile infront of her.

I walked towards her and stood infront of her. She looked up and said with a fake smile, "I thought you changed your plan about coming here. I wonder do you even care about her?" .