Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?

Previously...

Ed entered the room halfway with his body still outside of the room, the two siblings attention focused on the vice commander who just entered the room. He paused for a bit before greeting the two.

"...Lord Demon King has called for you both."

***

"Your majesty you called?"

"Ah, Arut and... Cruel Hardt? You're finally here."

The two entered normally, but the only thing that ticked off Cruel was Hana who was sitting next to the Demon King eating sweets. The child that his baby brother looked after, next to the Demon King...

"I came here to discuss about your older brother's position."

"Position...?"

Caver held up a stack of papers and held it up to his chin, Deon could see the names of each corps commander and vice commanders on it. Was Cruel joining... the Demon King's army?! He quickly turned to his older brother whose silence did not help answer his question.

"You can leave Arut, oh, and take Hana with you. She misses you a lot."

"...Yes your majesty."

Deon quickly took Hana and left, he turned back once more to the Demon King who handed the stack of papers to Cruel who read them diligently before leaving. He had no idea what the Demon King was thinking, what would the Demon King want with Cruel?

As soon as Deon left, Caver opened his mouth.

"So, what position do you want?"

"You want me to pick a position here?"

"Yes, pick one out of all of these."

Cruel read through the list of commanders, he could see Deon's title as the Zeroth Corps Commander and so on. There was also a blank spot titled with Fourtheenth Corps Commander. But it was useless since he's already decided what position he wanted.

The Vice Commander for the Zeroth Corps Commander, taking a position as one of the Thirteen Corps Commander was useless since he couldn't be near Deon so he took the closet position to the Zeroth Corps Commander.

"I want to be the Vice Corps Commander for Deon."

Caver looked at Cruel with an expecting look as if he had expected Cruel to say that, he then was handed back the list of the Corps Commanders and Vice Commanders. He quickly dismissed Cruel who immediately headed back to Deon's room.

"Well... this'll be even more fun now."

A new variable has joined the little game of chess between him and the Emperor. Caver held up a crystal that projected to him a screen of the Emperor dispatching knights to search for the two missing heroes and a screen of Choi Han and Eruhaben planning something with Basen.

This was the group of people who were set on destroying the world, Caver couldn't let Deon die nor could he let the immature world die in the hands of these people. It would be the first time since he's used magic to prophechize the unforeseen future, usually he wouldn't since the outcome was always the same but new variables have appeared. Perhaps demons and humans could finally have a chance of coexisting?

Dense magic quickly surrounded the crystal and room the moment Caver imbued his magic, making him drop the crystal shortly after.

"...Haha.. This is, an insane outcome..."

The God's having to intervene themselves was one thing Caver did not expect to see in the future.

Deon was indeed telling the truth when he said that these peoples strengths were not to be undermined and underestimated at all. Well, he probably could beat them but he wouldn't be able to regenerate magic power unlike that dragon.