good days

Camille 

Camille 

I woke up after a long day of travelling and unpacking, luckily I didn't have training for a few more days. So I could get to know the girls before the term started. I turned my head to face Paige's side of the room only to see the figure missing from her bed, I picked up my phone to check the time, 8:11 am. I wonder where she went.

I yawned and stretched my arms out whilst sitting up, rubbing my eyes to adjust to the light. I pulled my hood over my head and groaned. For an athlete, I did not like mornings, I love sleep too much to get up in the morning. But I thought I should because I have a long day of meeting people and getting set up for school and the season. 

I hobbled out of bed and put on my slippers as I walked out the door to the small lounge room, Nika was sat on the couch with her laptop and glasses. Her head turned towards me as I entered the room. The girls decorated the place really nicely, pictures filled the empty walls and they were able to make the place appear more cozy rather than small.

"Hey, how did you sleep?" she said in a soft tone with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, really good thanks! I was super tired." I walked over to the kitchen to put some bread in the toaster.

"You excited to meet everyone else today?" she said, her accent poking through.

"Yeah one hundred per cent, bit nervous though" 

"don't be everyone is super friendly, plus you couldn't be more nervous than Paige yesterday" she laughed.

"what do you mean" I asked.

"She was practically jittering all day" Nika laughed, and I followed with a chuckle. 

"where is she by the way?"

"Oh, Paige always goes for a run or something like that in the morning, even on off days." I nodded my head at the girl's reply.

weird. 

My toast popped out with a ding, making me jump. Forgetting I had started to make breakfast, Nika laughed at me as I grabbed it out. She continued with her work and I finished making breakfast, Nika was super lovely. She was fun too, she was a perfect mix of energy, enthusiasm and sweetness.

Suddenly Nika and I heard the front door open, making us turn our heads. The blonde figure stood in the doorframe, closing it behind her. She was wearing grey Uconn track pants with a fitted matching top, her number #5 was printed onto both. I can't lie, she looked good af, and my judgment was pretty good. I had known I was Bi since I was 15 and I saw Jessica Alba on the television. Although I wasn't out to the public my close friends and family knew. Realising I had been staring a little too long I turned my head away from Paige and continued doing what I was doing, That girl already has a massive ego I can't make it bigger.