dark red

Camille

Camille

It had been a week since that article came out, I can't lie. It tipped me over the edge, I felt so disheartened and unmotivated that I felt like in the media's eyes, whatever I didn't it would never be enough. That's why in training the other day I pushed myself so hard, I was getting out every single emotion and leaving it on the court. But even after all of that I never felt certified I didn't feel like I was truly released from the pain I was in. So when Paige came into the locker room while I was crying and she stayed with me, I realised that I was mad about the article but I was also upset at the fact that... Paige didn't feel the same way about me, It had been almost 3 and a half weeks since we stayed home together because we were sick and nothing had happened between us. I thought she was giving me signs and signals that maybe she liked me back but it's all just bullshit, she just thinks of me as a friend and that is all I will ever be to her. I thought that there was a slight chance she would make a move or realise that I liked her but after weeks of endless heartache and butterflies at every touch or thing she said to me, nothing was happening. I wanted to tell her in that moment in the locker room where she asked if there was anything else bothering me, but I couldn't bring myself to it. If anything that moment in the locker room proved that she felt nothing for me, I just had to move on. We could never work anyway, I mean two people on the same team? impossible!

The article really threw me off though, I couldn't imagine ever writing something that despicable about someone else.

"Camilleee" I hear a voice say as I snap out of my thoughts and come back to reality, I was sitting on the couch as Nika spoke to me.

"So there's a kind of get-together slash party at the bar today and I was wondering If you wanted to come? I know that last time it wasn't very good but this will be a bar and we will have your back!" her accent poked through when she spoke, and her tone was soft to not push me.

I thought about it for a second, I was kinda put off because of what happened last time but I figured that you can't live in the past and you should look to the future.

"yeah sure" She came to me and wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me tightly and giving me a friendly kiss on my head, I laughed at her as she ran away jumping up and down into her dorm room, I looked back down at the textbook in my hand which I forgot I was reading and kept taking notes as I sat on the couch comfortably.

***

All four of us were scattered across the common room as we started to get ready to go to the bar, Azzi wasn't coming tonight because she had too much coursework to do but Aaliyah was coming. So basically it was a junior night out minus Aubrey because she was feeling sick.

I entered the bathroom to see Aaliyah standing in front of the mirror doing up her braids in a half-up-half-down hairstyle. I smiled at the girl as I grabbed the straightener out of the drawer and plugged it in.