gentle

Paige

Paige

"Camille Madden is NOT EQUAL to Rowan Baumbaugh, As we can see Madden alongside Clark and Brink have been bringing a lot of positive attention to the women's game. This obviously is great to see, however, As WBB fans saw the 5'9 guard putting points up on the board and averaging about 22-26. There were a lot of comparisons to male basketball specifically to Rowan Brumbaugh, who is a fantastic 6'4 point guard for Georgetown, the boy averages about 14-17 Points per game and has a similar style to Camille which is a completely unfair comparison, These boys are working hard and overtime to get recognised, not to be compared to some hotshot female hooper. Quite frankly the only reason that Camille is getting recognition is that the quality of the game is so much worse, I believe that if Camille were to join the men's league she would be benched and nobody would know her name, All I ask out of people is don't discredit these hard-working young boys by using their name in the same sentence as women's players, because it is unfair. Shed the light on the boys that are working hard, I understand you know that whole...girl power and girls in sports thing but you can achieve that without bringing down confident young men." Camille read out loud to me from her phone as we both sat on my bed, my mouth dropped at the article, how could someone ever publish such a thing? it was disgraceful to listen to.

"Literally that is the most sexist thing he could have said, I swear they can never let a woman succeed," Camille said in frustration as she closed her phone and rolled her eyes, he body was closed off as her jaw clenched.

"It's so fucked, you work so hard and the way he kept saying 'young boys work so hard' as if you legit haven't been putting in extra time and effort. The only day you missed training was a week ago when we were sick" I replied, the anger in my tone spoke for itself. I was furious, I hate that things like this can be published. God knows how many articles have been published saying 'I wasn't that good' but never something to this extremity. We both sat cross-legged, facing each other. I could see that Camille was about to cry.

"And like I don't even care! but imagine if a little girl sees that! They are going to think 'No matter what I do I will never be good enough or equal to anybody else' and they are going to be discouraged. I'm so sick and tired of shit like this being published as if they don't even realise the impact it can have on everybody, especially little girls!" I took a deep breath as the words escaped her mouth, her brown eyes were glossy, she grabbed the hood of her hoodie to wipe away the tears then she sat there for a moment gathering her breaths.

"I'm so sorry Mils, it sucks so much" I genuinely had no words for her, every time an article like this came out about me I couldn't help but feel angry regardless of the evolution of the women's game.

We both heard a knock on the bedroom door before two girls walked in, their expressions were almost emotionless as they examined us sitting on the bed together, I could tell purely from the look on their faces that they had read the article.