japanese denim

Paige 

Paige 

Camille told Azzi and I that she needed to go on a walk to clear her mind, which was fair enough considering how drunk she got last night. She used alcohol as an escape, which she shouldn't have. I knew that I shouldn't push her on the way back from the bar since she was annoyed at me for some reason, but when she told me that she was sorry and told me why she was drinking. My heart couldn't help but ache for her, I felt her sadness. Not just yesterday but always, I feel her emotions, we are the same person and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel nervous around her for some reason, yesterday when she was talking about how I'm the reason she's stressed because she is getting compared to me, it made me so upset. I want to be the person that makes her happy, always. Azzi and Nika noticed that I acted differently around her, personally, I feel more like myself than ever. But they have been giving me a hard time...to say the least, they think that I like her and they bump into me or make eye contact every time we talk, which is A LOT.

As I sat on the couch scrolling through TikTok I could feel Azzi stare me dead in the side of my face.

"Azzi what?" I asked bluntly, she shrugged at my comment.

"Nothing...just what happened last night when you took her home?" I knew that question was coming.

"Uhm, yeah she was just really upset and took it out in the wrong way Az, and when I took her home she was crying and she was really sorry for getting too drunk." my voice softened as I remembered her face as she cried to me.

"Why was she upset?" Azzi almost immediately added.

"well she was upset over the article and I assume the James situation a while ago as well, it all just built up I think...but she also said she was sad because of me?" I looked towards Azzi with wide eyes.

"You?"

"yeah, it was weird she looked at me like a puppy when she said that she felt pressured because everybody's comparing us at the moment" My tone was normal as I explained the situation to Azzi.

She groaned loudly at me, a hint of annoyance and anger was in her tone.

"Jeez Azzi what?" I exclaimed.

"You are so stupid, P she obviously likes you and is annoyed because she thinks you don't like her back. In what world does Cam miss 'I'll beat you every day all day' and get scared of competition?" Her words made my heart flutter as if little butterflies were flying around. I liked the idea of her being into me because I like spending my time with her, and sure I was jealous when she talked to other people, especially at that party where she was talking to James a while ago. Yes, I love to spend every minute of my day with her, and yes it's exhilarating when we go out together, and yes maybe I like her, a little bit. Okay a lot, but she doesn't even like me, right? 

"yeah right" I rolled my eyes.

"Paige Bueckers you are so stupid, you see the way she looks at you right? Nika and I don't think that she likes you for no reason, I mean she looks at you like a lost puppy and you're her owner, she super touchy and flirty with you because she likes you so much, and she was hurt yesterday because I assume she thinks you don't like her back. But it's obvious you do like her P!" her tone gradually got louder, I realised at that moment that Nika and Azzi had probably been talking about us for a while since she clearly had so many opinions.