ivy

Paige 

Paige 

*Half an hour before*

My eyes drilled into the back of Cam's head as I saw the revolting boy standing in front of her. Talking to her, making her smile. All the things that I was doing not even 5 minutes ago, bless Nika, she didn't know that the boy was James, the most utterly terrible person I have ever met. He hated everyone on the basketball team, me specifically. Nika didn't know who he was so I don't blame her for telling Cam to go and see her. But she knew that I thought Cam was too good for anyone at this school. 

The boy stepped closer to her, looked straight at me then lowered himself down to her eye level to speak to her. That's so patronising. 

I felt my chest tighten as I took another shot, Azzi looked at me with wide doe eyes. I scrunched my face at the taste of the alcohol entering my body. Not enough.

I took another, then another, then another. 

Before Azzi grabbed my arm and looked up at me with a stern face, telling me that I had enough. she had no idea what I needed, or what I wanted.

I swatted her hand away and stormed off from the girl, Nika followed me probably to make sure I didn't do anything dumb. 

"P what's up?" she said as her walk turned into a jog, trying to catch up to me. 

"Nothing" I stopped making her bump into me.

"Twin I promise I'm fine, go dance Imma be in the bathroom" I lied as I tried to comfort her.

"Okay well grab me if you need" 

I walked into a random hallway just to get a bit of fresh air and to make sure I didn't rip the head off that idiot boy, I leaned against the wall as I stared into the pictures. My chest got deeper as I took long regulated breaths, the alcohol quickly catching up with the rest of my body. 

"yo," I heard a familiar voice say, making me turn my head to the side. I wish I didn't.

There stood the stupid, dumb, annoying, stuck-up James boy. Looking at me with a mischievous look in his eye and a stupid dumb grin. I rolled my eyes at him.

"yo," I mocked as he scoffed, rolling HIS eyes. I stood up properly ready to leave before I heard his voice say something to me. 

"You know Camille really fucking hates you" he smiled.

"shut up" he didn't know what he was talking about, probably drunk.

"Whatever, don't believe me, but last time I checked Cam was talking to me about how she's ready to take your spot, that you won't be good coming off your injury and that the reason she transferred here was to prove that she was better than you because she has a vendetta from high school, what else did she tell meee?" he said exaggerating the 'me' knowing he knew something I didn't.