brutal

Camille

Camille

I don't know why Paige snapped at me, why she said those things or why she even felt like that. I did absolutely nothing to earn that. I have only treated her with respect and kindness, I thought that we understood each other since we had been pitted against each other for so many years. I thought she was kind of like my other half, that she felt my emotions like I felt hers. We have Both struggled to find ourselves after our injuries. But I wanted to help her. Because I know what it is like, I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt. Paige was, Paige is funny and kind and talented and really pre-.. I just didn't want to lose her for god knows what.

I was angry at her, angry that she snapped at me, angry that she ruined us and angry that I couldn't stay angry at her, I couldn't fully hate her not even a little bit. 

We didn't speak the day after the party, I barely spoke to anyone, I went for a run and spent most of the day outside of the house because I was too angry and hurt to face Paige, I also didn't want to talk about it to Azzi and Nika, because they were also Paige's besties and I didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable. 

I woke up to my ringing alarm, looking over to an empty bed. We had an early morning training so I would just have to suck it up and bottle my emotions for training. I decided to set my alarm for a bit earlier so I could get out of the dorms before everybody else to make sure I didn't have to see anyone until I needed to. 

I smacked 'stop' on my alarm as I got out of bed and rubbed my eyes, I did all my usual stuff like packing my training bag and the rest of my stuff. I sat down and put my wavy hair into a slick bun that sat halfway up my head. I chucked on my training shorts and top and put on my warm-up and jumper over the top. I slid on my Crocs and went out into the kitchen where as I predicted, no one was.

I made myself breakfast, grabbed my bag then left. I had no reason to be in that dorm longer than I had to be, to risk seeing someone that would make my heart ache. 

---

I got to training a bit earlier than everybody else changing my crocs into my basketball shoes, but not long later the others joined me, and we all warmed up together. I made sure to focus on warming up the muscles in my legs which is what the trainer had told us to do since we were jumping back into high-intensity training, no matter what clouded my mind. Basketball made it better. 

I talked to Dorka and Lou about the opening round of the NBA and how Jason Tatum scored 33 points which was a great start to his season. Dorka also told me about her transfer and how it wasn't easy at first but UConn was the best decision she's ever made. Doesn't feel like that right now. 

Speaking of the devil, I saw her blonde figure walk into practice with a hoodie over her head, looking down at the ground. my heart sank, for more than the first time over the past 24 hours. 

She joined in with everybody else in warming up, making her way over to Ice who greeted her with a warm hug. 

Whatever she snapped at me for, she clearly didn't know she was in the wrong.