late night talking

Paige 

Paige 

11 seconds on the clock, we are down 1 point. It's the NCAA WBB championship game, and everyone I love is in the audience looking at me, waiting, hoping that I can bring this team to victory. The whistle sounds for the throw-in, Camille passes it to me as I run down the court. It was the fastest I'd ever run in my entire life, I could feel the presence of the defender closely behind me, this was it. This is what I've been waiting for for my entire college career. I managed to run down the court, I crossed over to the left to take two steps since I knew the defender would favour my right, As I jumped in the air the ball left my hands in a swift motion, the ball circled the rim for a few seconds...andddd.....Miss.

My feet returned to the floor, I felt a sharp shooting pain as my left knee hit the ground. I was rolling around on my floor holding it. I screamed out for help as I heard the loud cheers from the crowd screaming "BOOOOO" and "YOU SUCK!".

I felt it, I had done it again, I had done my ACL again. 

I turned my head towards the Uconn bench expecting someone to see me and help me, but everyone was just looking at me and shaking their heads. The crowd got louder and louder as their screams overwhelmed my ears. The other team celebrated right in front of my body. Geno walked over to me.

"YOUR CUT" he yelled as he stepped over my body and joined the rest of the team. I felt a tightness develop in my chest as my breaths became rapid. Tears fell out of my eyes as I watched the team huddle together, My screams became quieter and quieter until they weren't even screams anymore. 

I was attempting to scream but nothing was coming out of my mouth, I moved my gaze over to the crowd. The jerseys that were once 'Bueckers' jerseys read 'Failure' on the back of them as fans ripped them off. There I was, another ACL injury lying on the floor of the stadium.

I had ruined everything.

"STOP IT" I tried to yell.

"STOP IT!" I yelled with a croaky voice as I woke up from my dream, oh my. It was all a dream, of course, it was all a dream, the time read 3am.

I tried to breathe but I couldn't, the air suddenly escaped my lungs I felt an immense tightness and weight in my chest. It became rapid as I cried and the tears fell into my leap. A panic attack.

"shut paigeee" Camille yawned as she rolled over, we made eye contact through the moon's luminescent light.  

Immediately without hesitation she jumped out of her bed turning on the lamp, she made her way over to me and sat on my bed, she grabbed my hands tightly after lifting up my chin to look her in the eyes. My eyes were blurry and I became light-headed. 

"hey hey hey, you're okay I promise." she comforted, I tried to focus on her eyes but I still couldn't.

"P what are 5 things you can see right now?" she asked in such an inviting and sweet manner.