streets

Camille

Camille

The past week and a half had been fantastic, better than I could have ever dreamed, James was off our backs. I've been hitting the basketball court hard, improving my skills, gelling with the feel of the team and feeling more pumped with practice and gym sesh. Paige and I were so competitive that we were making each other better players, even Geno thought so. He told us it's as if 'Paige and I were playing on different teams but somehow we get shots in'. Alongside basketball, I've spent a lot of time with the girls. We've been going out, catching movies, and just enjoying each other's company, the other day everybody stayed at our dorm and we had a sleepover, everything has been really great. But then there's Paige—It feels weird with her, but like a good weird...we've really connected lately. We've spent a lot of time together, sharing laughs and conversations, she was the perfect roommate. It's been wonderful, really; everything just seems to be falling into place perfectly. Life's been good.

until today.

As the sun gleamed through the dorm window I woke up with a scratchy and sore throat, I rubbed my eyes as I released my whole body collapsed at the slightest movement. I was sick. 

stupid sickness, did my body not release I had training today?

I tried to get up out of my bed and my whole body erupted with a sore feeling that coursed through it, I looked to Paiges' bed, but she was already gone, I put on my slippers and a hoodie and hobbled out into the common room. I groaned loudly as I entered causing Azzi who was in the kitchen to turn to me and give me an annoyed look.

"Oh no not you too!" She said rolling her head back.

"Ugh I feel so sickkkk," I said as I sniffled.

"Nikaa we have another one!" She yelled out to Nika who was in the bathroom, another one what does she mean? I gave her a confused look and she understood what I was confused about. 

"Look at the couch" 

I looked to the couch in the common room to see a blonde 5'11 figure lying face down on the couch with a blanket covering her, and a box of tissues lying next to her.

"Is she sick too?" I asked, producing a monstrous cough that sounded like a 7-year-old.

"Mhm, I feel fucking horrible" The figure on the couch groaned as I made my way over, lying down with her but on the other side, going head to toe. Nika came out of the bathroom and rolled her head as she saw both of us lying down, sick of the couch.

"nooo, they are both sick? Today is going to be a nightmare!" She laughed as Paige and I gave them very serious unfunny looks. As Nika and Azzi stopped laughing they looked towards us.

"Well, we will tell Geno that you guys are sick and can't make training, There's medicine in the cupboard. There's also food but you can just Uber food" Azzi said as she collected things and put them in her training bag. Nika followed as she filled up her water bottle.