awkward

Camille

Camille

It had been hell trying to talk to Paige after what happened, after our chat in Geno's office we had discovered that James was winding both of us up. God knows why though. Every time we tried to talk to each other like we used to before that night, the conversation turned into meaningless small talk with awkward pauses. We both knew that deep down we had so much more to say to each other. For starters, why was she so mad that I was talking to James? before We knew about all the fucked up shit he did, and why would she ever think I would say and do that shit to her, and lastly why did she act like that when I walked into Azzi and Nika's room that one time. It looked like someone just killed her dog as soon as I entered. But alas we stuck with the typical conversations consisting of 'The weather's nice' and 'I'm so tired'.

I had decided to go for a midday run since I woke up too late to go for a morning run, Paige and I had slept in the the room for the first time in a couple of nights. usually, I wake up when she wakes up because she's loud and annoying and inconsiderate of the person sleeping in her room, but this time it was different. She managed to slip out without me knowing or hearing her. 

As my feet hit the pavement with quick gaps in between, I took deep breaths through my nose and released the air through my mouth to minimise how quickly I got tired. I had my phone resting in my bike shorts as I ran, the vibrating was driving me nuts, it was going off every three seconds. But I had a rule when I ran 'I could only go on my phone to switch songs because I would get too distracted otherwise'. 

I kept taking regulated breaths as I ran until I approached a bench where I decided to sit for five minutes. I looked at my Apple watch which read '7 miles'. I cocked my head back as I tried to catch my breath, my phone kept on vibrating so I decided to check it. Finally. 

- 8 texts from PB <3-

-3 missed calls from  PB <3-

what the fuck?

PB <3

left the key in the pot plant for you