are we still friends?

Camille 

Camille 

"Nika pleaseee" I begged as I watched the beautiful girl curl her hair effortlessly as she got ready for the party.

"Ok ok fine! how could I say no to you" she teased as she grabbed my cheeks squeezing them like a grandma would to her grandchildren. 

"Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!" I said as I swatted her hand away, I was referring to her curling my hair. Living with only a brother and a dad for practically your whole life, makes you realise how much you learn from your parents. I never learned how to curl my hair, so whenever I attempted it, it looked like a bird's nest. 

Nika quickly finished doing her hair and moved on to mine, She stood behind me as we both looked in the mirror, seeing our reflections staring back at us. She started running the brush through my hair to get rid of any knots, The feeling of the brush pulling on my scalp caused me to squish my face in discomfort. 

"stop being a baby"

"shut it," I said as she started to laugh and section off my hair using a claw clip. She twirled my hair around the curling iron, letting it fry for a few seconds before using her hand to hold the curl and letting it drop, then moving on to the next section of hair. She made it look so easy.

I had found a major comfort in Nika, she acted for me as an older sister. Even in a week, we had created a close relationship she offered a unique blend of support, understanding, and love. With her, laughter is abundant, secrets are safe, and support is unconditional. She continues to celebrate my highs, yet bicker like we've known each other for ages, just like a true sister would.

Nika and I were talking until Azzi came into the bathroom, her eyes were wide looking for something.

"Has anyone seen two star hair clips?" she asked, her voice was gentle and sweet whenever she spoke.

"No sorry Aze" I said turning my head towards her before Nika's hand grabbed my chin and made me face the mirror, pointing to the curling iron she was holding. 'sorry' I mouthed. 

"Maybe by my bedside ta-" Nika said before she interrupted herself by taking a look at Azzi, she was wearing a two-piece set of a skirt and bandeau top. It was two different shades of pink however they coincided together to look so beautiful, her hair was done up into a half-up half-down hairstyle with two strands of hair framing her face.

"Azzi bitch you look so good" Nika exclaimed loudly, taking the curling iron off my hair. 

Her jaw dropped as she looked at the girl, I turned my head to see her following Nikas actions.

My jaw also dropped.

"Azzi you look so beautiful!"

The girl smiled sweetly, her mouth opened about to say something but then Paige burst into the bathroom.