too sweet

Camille

Camille

It was Friday, a couple of days after Paige and I accidentally slept in the same bed. We didn't make it weird though, It was more of an inside joke between us. When somebody said something remotely relating to it we would look at each other, smile, then laugh. she and I had gotten really close over the past couple of days. I'm glad I had a friend like Paige, we just got each other. I mean after everything we've been through it's like she's lived the same life as me. Perhaps two peas in a pod. 

The time was 9 am, I had an appointment with the trainers at 9:45 just to check I was all good. I chucked on a UConn t-shirt and Nike shorts with #18 on the side of them. #18 was my new UConn jersey number, I chose it because It's my lucky number and my first ever jersey in elementary school was number 18. It felt like a tribute to the little girl who dreamed of being at UConn one day. 

As I left the dorm room I checked the weather on my phone and realised it was a bit colder today, I quickly ran back into my room grabbing a grey jumper from the floor, They were our basketball jumpers. Each player had one with our names on the back along with our number. I put it on as I grabbed my keys and left the common room, saying goodbye to Azzi who was sitting on the couch.

"Uh Mils!" I heard her call out before I closed the door and quickly walked out of the room, I'm sure she didn't need to say anything important, no offence.

But I was running late and needed to get to my appointment, I had no time for chit-chat. My jumper felt bigger than usual, like longer. weird.

----

I ran into the stadium and quickly walked through the hallway into the training rooms. The physio was already waiting at her desk as I walked in, she spun her chair around to face me. Her name was Molly, I had met her once before when I first arrived, she specialises in knees so all the girls see her weekly since basketball is heavy on the knees. 

"Hey Molly!" I smiled as I took a seat on the treatment bed.

"...Heyy" She smiled and squinted her eyes whilst she looked at me, replying in a condescending tone. 

"Why are you acting strange?" I questioned after taking a beat to analyse her confused facial expressions.

"Oh no nothing, just didn't know you were Mrs. Bueckers" She laughed.

"What?" I said confused as my cheeks went red with a blush, what is she on about right now? why was I blushing? Im so confused.

"You're wearing her jumper, it says Bueckers with a number 5 on the back" she laughed.

I gasped as I spun my head around realising that I had accidentally picked up Paige's jumper off of the floor, instead of mine. I threw my face into my hands as I laughed with Molly, realising the embarrassing mistake that resulted in strutting around campus in a Bueckers hoodie.