Chapter 23

The light rain lashed against the windows in rhythmic sheets, filling the cozy apartment with the soothing sounds.

Curled up together on the plush living room sofa, Tae and Jungkook cuddled close under a soft blanket.

Kook: "This is nice," he murmured, brushing his lips across tae's temple.

"Just you and me, no need to go anywhere or do anything except be together."

Tae hummed in agreement and kook nuzzled deeper into the warmth and safety of Tae's sturdy embrace.

Tae: "As long as I'm with you, I'm perfectly content to stay in this little cocoon forever."

A rumble of thunder punctuated his words, making them both jump slightly before dissolving into soft laughter.

Kook tightened his arms around his precious, dropping a tender kiss on the top of tae's head.

Kook: "My adorable baby," he teased gently.

"Don't worry, precious, I've got you. Nothing bad will happen as long as I'm here to protect you."

Tae: "I'm not scared, koo," he mumbled, as he nestled even more closer to Kook's strong chest.

"I just...like being close to you."

Kook: "Mmhmm, is that what you call it?" he grinned, poking at the adorable pout on tae's full lips until it melted into a boxy smile.

"Well, lucky for you, I have no intentions of letting you go anytime."

Tae chuckled and then excitedly grabbed kook's hand who looked at him in confusion.

Tae: "Let's go dance in the rain, koo!" he exclaimed, eyes sparkling with mischief.

Kook looked at him with amused fondness and pecked his forehead.

Kook: "Alright baby, if you insist. But we're going to get absolutely drenched."

Tae: "I don't care," he sang out happily, pulling kook outside into the warm summer downpour.

Tae spun around with arms flung out, face tilted up to feel the rain's gentle kisses on his glowing skin.

Kook watched tae's with a surge of pure affection. Feeling stares tae looked and saw kook who was looking at him with so much love in his eyes.

Tae couldn't help but admire kook. Even sopping wet, kook looked ethereal. His oversized shirt and shorts clung to his petite frame, and strands of dark hair struck deliciously to his forehead and neck.

Unable to resist any longer, Tae grabbed Jungkook by the waist and dipped him dramatically, pressing their rain-slicked bodies flush together.

Kook gasped in surprise, his arms wrapping around Tae's broad shoulders as their lips met in a heated, open-mouthed kiss.

When they finally surfaced for air, kook was flushed and panting softly.

Kook: "Dance with me, precious?" he whispered, voice already husky with want.

Pushing the wet strands off Jungkook's forehead with tender fingers, Tae murmured.

Tae: "Anything for you, angel."

They began to sway and twirl through the puddles, raindrops clinging to their eyelashes. Tae pulled Jungkook close, kook's back snug against his chest. He nuzzled into the crook of kook's neck, inhaling his familiar strawberry scent as they moved together in sync.

Tae: "I'm so lucky to have you, Sweetheart," Tae rumbled, lips brushing kook's wet skin.

Kook shivered at the sensation, arching back against Tae's solid frame.