Chapter 24

The grand ballroom was abuzz with energy as Tae and Kook arrived at the elite business gala, arm-in-arm.

Tae looked devastatingly handsome in his tailored tuxedo, and kook felt his heart swell with pride at having such an incredible partner as only his.

Kook's eyes sparkled as he took in the lively scene. Leaning in, he whispered in Tae's ear.

Kook: "This is going to be an amazing night, my love."

Tae felt his heart skip a beat with affection when he heard the sweet words. He pulled Kook close, drinking in his beautiful features.

Tae: "Not as amazing as you," he murmured, placing a tender kiss on Kook's cheek.

They migrated to the dance floor, bodies swaying to the thumping beat. Tae's hands found Kook's hips, holding him flush against his body as they moved together. Kook threw his head back, eyes closed in bliss as he melted into Tae's touch.

After a few songs, Kook grabbed Tae's hand and led him to a small stage area.

A hush fell over the crowd as Kook made his way to the stage, microphone in hand.

He caught Tae's eyes and gave Tae a tender smile as the first few notes of a romantic melody filled the air.

Kook: "I wanted to stay away from love.
Because its pains are very famous", Kook began singing, his voice thick with emotion.

But my heart didn't listen at all.
It pulled me and brought me there,
Where there is love, just love
Yes love, just love.

Tae felt his breath catch in his throat as Kook's passionate gaze found his in the crowd. It was like they were the only two people in the room. All that mattered in this moment was the love between them.

Kook: "Oh friendship ... oh friendship.
Recommendation for the painful heart.
Can someone give that here?
May it find that rainfall which drenches it completely"
he sang sweetly

Stepping off the stage, Kook made his way to Tae, never breaking eye contact. He took Tae's hands in his own as he kept singing just for him.

Kook: "Since I met you.
My life has changed
I turned into a completely new ", he sang softly, bringing Tae's hands to his lips to kiss his knuckles.

The talks of the world don't effect me.
Now I'll listen to you forever.
I'll make excuses to meet you
I want to be the reason for your smile
I want to spend all my day, everyday with you.

Tae felt his eyes well up at the adoring words. He cupped Kook's face, running his thumb along his cheekbone as Kook leaned into his touch.

As the intensity built, Kook's voice took on a desperate, longing edge.