MET Gala (Minsung)

content warning: none but you're gonna cry

Inspo:

word count: 1615
—————————————————————————

HAN POV

I woke up this morning and stretched with a yawn as I did every morning. I checked the clock which told me it was 11 am. I was excited because that meant Lee Know would be awake.

I smiled and tapped the wall behind me three times. "Good morning," the syllabized taps sang out to him.

He knocked back right away with three quick raps. I grinned and stared at his photo on my lock screen wishing he could be in the room with me, so I could cuddle into his warm embrace the way we did during our months off.

There were two more knocks against our shared wall.

"Love you," they told me.

My heart smiled at the reminder, and I tapped back twice.

Someday we wouldn't have to hide and pretend we weren't together. Someday we'd be able to share a room and a bed in a hotel without worrying that fans would find out and berate us online. When I imagined that world, I felt immensely happy. One day I hoped it would be real.

Two knocks hit against my door. I knew right away that they weren't Lee Know's gentle knuckles and soft tone.

I got out of bed and put my slippers on before allowing the stylist in.

"I've got breakfast," he announced with a cheerful attitude. I tried my best to appear grateful and sipped the coffee he'd gotten me. It wasn't what I would've ordered for myself, but I needed some sort of energy if I was to make it through a half day of being groomed and clothed by someone I didn't know. 

I missed the days when we were just 8 kids sitting in Chan's room and experimenting with piercing each other's ears and dying shoelaces neon. Everything was so professional now. It was a bit exhausting...and I missed my friends.

The stylist told me his name was Gavin. He'd apparently fought for the chance to style me as my hair was his favorite. I laughed and told him he must be a STAY because that's what everyone's been telling me lately.

"What's a STAY?" he pondered.

"Never mind," I mumbled.

His fingers massaged some moose into my hair, and he finger-combed it to give it a messy rockstar look (as he called it). Real rockstars would laugh at the primping being put into obtaining their all-natural signature look.

When he finished, I began to eat the sausage biscuit he'd gotten me and watched from the desk as he steamed the wrinkles out of the satin suit I was to wear.

Three knocks hit against the wall. It was after noon now which meant Lee Know was saying "I miss you." I wanted him to be here with me more than anything.

I tapped back and the stylist looked in confusion but didn't say anything.

"Ready to get dressed?"

I shoved the rest of my food in my mouth and nodded. "Let me just brush my teeth."

A few minutes later, I was being stripped and asked to step into navy satin pants with a red stripe on the side.

"Yes!" Gavin cheered when I buttoned them. "They fit so well."