Chapter Ten- Sammy/Evan

A/N: This chapter was based off of what a guy recently just said to me. All because he didn't want to lead me on even though we had gone out three times. Oh well. Enjoy.

Sammy

Walking towards his truck, Sammy yawned while rubbing his face tiredly. Before he opened his door he suddenly heard, "Sammy!" Turning around he saw Lea running towards him, huffing when she stopped in front of him. "Can we please talk?"

"Sure."

Following her over to the grass he sat down next to her, nervously twiddling his thumbs. "Sammy, I'm really sorry I ever told Evan you like him. I know it wasn't my place to say anything, I hate that I haven't been able to talk to my best friend." When he looked up he frowned when he saw tears rushing down his best friend's face. Scooting over to her he wrapped his arm around her while saying,

"It's okay Lea, I've hated not being able to talk to my best friend too."

They stayed in the grass for a while longer, sitting in a comfortable silence with each other. Smiling over at Lea, he watched as she kissed him on the cheek while saying, "I'm really sorry again. I never want to lose someone as amazing as you."

"It's okay," he said with a small smile while glancing down at the grass.

"Did you hear about Maci?" Lea suddenly asked, making Sammy glance up at her with a confused look.

"What about her?"

"She's pregnant."

"What?" Sammy all but yelled, making a few people passing by give him a worried glance. "How do you know that?"

"Teddy told me, who heard it from Evan. I guess she's been knocked up for a while and just now told Evan. Teddy told me that Evan went to Delaware for a while to clear his head, that's why he hasn't been in school for a while."

Wow, Sammy thought while glancing over at the empty parking lot. Evan's going to be a father? Glancing back over at Lea he smiled while watching her excited face while she was talking about a new dress she found. Even though she made him mad, she was still his best friend. There is no way he could ever live without her.

As they were catching up on all the gossip a throat was suddenly clearing behind them. Turning around Sammy saw Xander smiling down at them. "Hi, can I talk to you for a minute?" Glancing over at Lea he watched her give him a smile before kissing his cheek.

"Call me later?"

Nodding he watched her walk away while Xander sat down next to him in the grass. "I just wanted to apologize, for what happened at the movie theatre. The situation got out of control and I wanted to apologize, that is definitely not how I wanted the night to go."

"It's in the past, don't worry about it. It's okay."

"No Sammy, it's not okay, for some reason I seem to turn into a different person around Evan, and there is no excuse for me to take it out on you. Would I be able to make it up to you?"

Looking at his tan face, Sammy slowly nodded, smiling when he saw Xander's mouth turn up into a smile. They sat in a comfortable silence for a short time after, simply enjoying each other's company. Sure, maybe things haven't gone perfect the past few weeks, but it would be okay. Even though Sammy felt like he got his heart ripped out of his chest, he knew he needed to get over Evan, as well as MIT. There are other colleges out there, there are other guys. Glancing at Xander he smiled, hoping he would actually be able to listen to his own advice.