Chapter 1 The Masterpiece

Hello everyone! I've been reading a lot of fan fictions lately and decided to make my own! I'm sorry if I mess up on any information or spelling of names in this book. It's been a while since I've watched Death Note and I don't quite remember a whole lot from it.

But aaaaaanyway, I hope you enjoy reading the book and I'll see you at the end of the chapter :3
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"This. Is. So. Boring," You groaned while spinning around in your chair.

Currently, you were helping your friend L–or Ryuzaki as he wanted to be called–with a difficult case. Mysteriously, many people who had committed crimes died randomly of heart attacks. The deaths were soon claimed to be the doing of someone given the name Kira. You had agreed to help with this case because it sparked your curiosity and, thinking you'd be finding clue after clue, there would be a weak point in the killer's plan, allowing them to be put to justice. But now you saw that this case was not as exciting as you thought. Yes, you had gathered a few clues and yes, there were times when you thought you might have found out who Kira was... But all of this was just jumbled up by other killings or lack of specific evidence. So here you were, sitting in the monitor room with L while everyone else was sleeping peacefully.

"Well (y/n), why don't you go fetch some sweets for me to eat," the detective said without taking his eyes off of the many screens in front of him. "You may have some too, of course, if that'll keep you from complaining every 5 minutes."

"Well sorry if watching everyone else snuggled warmly in their beds isn't the most entertaining thing to do," you grumbled in annoyance but none the less, went to gather sweets for the both of you.

You decided to bring the whole cart of cookies and candy, that Watari had placed in the kitchen earlier in case L got hungry, instead of a few platefuls, knowing that he would finish those quickly.

"Here," you sighed and placed a plate full of the sweets in front of the man. He mumbled a 'thank you' as you grabbed a few chocolate covered strawberries and sat back down in your chair.

"Hey L...I mean Ryuzaki?" You said, cutting the awkward silence.

"Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"Do you really think that Light could be Kira? I know you've explained to me why you think this but still, he doesn't seem like he could kill anyone," you said, turning your chair so you could look at him.

"I am 26% sure that Light is Kira," he stated plainly.

You frowned a bit. "That's not a very high percentage."

L turned is head slightly, shifting his eyes and stared at you for a moment before responding, "but it is a percentage." He then focused his attention back to the screens and it was silent once more.

You thought about that statement for a minute. It was true, and you knew what he meant when he said that. As long as there was even the slightest possibility that Light could be Kira, L would not eliminate him as a suspect until that percentage hit 0. You took a bite of your strawberry and took out a pencil and paper, drawing mindlessly. You made lines and sharp angles, curves and circles, until you finally finished your 'masterpiece.' The picture was of the words 'L vs. Kira,' both the letters K and L were done in bold and looked a lot more detailed than the rest of the letters. You placed the pencil's end to your cheek and stared at the drawing. It seemed like there needed to be something else, but you didn't know what.

"L vs. Kira huh?" You heard from beside you. You were met by, a waaaay too close, L. You yelped slightly and pushed your chair backwards.

"Ryuzaki, don't scare me like that!" You said while furrowing your eyebrows. The detective ignored your comment and continued looking at the drawing. He slid his fingers over the letters, tracing them gently and then placed his hands back on his knees.

"I like it," he said with a hint of happiness in his voice. He then turned to look at you while picking up the paper and held it out a little for you to see. "I'm keeping this." His voice reverted back to its original monotoned place.

A slight pink tint grazed your (s/c) cheeks as you rolled the chair back towards the man. "You can't just take it!" You said and tried grabbing the drawing from L's hand.

"Why not?" He replied, switching the paper to his other hand and lifted it away from you.

"Because it's mine!" You stood up and leaned over him, desperately trying to retrieve the doodle.

"I don't see your name on it. I see mine, but not yours," he said, the corner of his lips arching up ever so slightly.

"You took it before I could put my name on it stupid!"

L once again switched the paper to the other hand as you grabbed for it. "What a shame."

You growled in frustration as he kept switching the drawing back and forth. "Just give... it... To me...!" You grumbled as you stretched, almost gripping the page.

But no, gravity did not want you to finally get the dumb picture. Oh noooo. Gravity wanted you to fall on the thief and cause you to crash to the floor. And that's exactly what happened. L was leaning farther back in his chair, trying his best to keep the drawing away from you, while you leaned over him, trying to get the picture back. The weight you both put on the chair caused it to fall back, ultimately making both of you land on the floor.

"Ow," you mumbled and lifted your head up. Your face immediately turned red as you saw the position both you and L were in. L groaned and sat up, one hand placed on his head and the other on your waist. You scrambled to get off of him, your face turning a darker crimson with each second.

"S-sorry," you said and stood up quickly, trying to get rid of the embarrassment that was written all over your face. L soon stood up too and smirked.

"What's so funny?" You questioned.

L held out the paper, "I get to keep the drawing."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Hi. Hello. Good day. Heeeey!

How was the first chapter? Good? Bad? Both?

Tell me in the comments and vote or follow me if you'd like! 'Till next time my dear Reader!
Byyyyeeeeee
~Addymac :P