Chapter 4 The Date

"Yes, I believe it is"

Those words rang in your head as if they were on an endless cycle. 'I'm going on a date... With L?' You thought in disbelief. You hurriedly ran to your closet to pick out something to wear.

'What am I supposed to wear?! Are we going some place fancy? Do I have to dress up or dress casual?!' You screamed in your mind. 'I'll just have to wing it. Nothing too fancy but nothing too plain.'

"Ah ha!" You exclaimed and pulled out a (f/c) shirt, that had lace sleeves, along with a pair of black jeans and (f/c) converse. You then went to put on a bit of makeup and to fix your hair.

~~~Time skip to where you're done and have walked downstairs~~~

Upon arriving downstairs, you heard loud grunts which turned out to belong to none other than Light Yagami. The poor boy looked exhausted from carrying the chair (that he is currently holding) all day. You assumed that L had tricked him into moving around or calling him into different rooms for no reason... Well only to see Light struggle with the huge chair. You hurried to the college boy and held the back end of the chair in order to take some weight off of its lifter.

"Phew, thanks (y/n). Carrying this thing around has been a pain. We've been busier than ever and everyone keeps switching to different rooms," Light sighed.

"Oh well, I'm sorry about that. What's been going on?" You asked, helping Light set the chair on the floor.

"Boatloads of heart attacks have been happen recently and we think we've located the place where Kira is," he stated.

Your eyes widened, "wow! Really? That's amazing!" Your happiness faded as you continued, "I'm sorry I haven't been helping much with this case... I barely even know what's going on with this murder mystery anymore."

Light placed a hand on your shoulder, "it's ok. To be honest, the whole team has tried to keep you from getting too deep into this case. I know you agreed to help solve the crime but we all see you as family or like a little sister and we don't want you to get killed."

"Well, I guess I should be thanking you all then," you said with a slight smile.

After a bit of small talk with the brunette, you decided to find out where your missing date had gone to. You looked in every room but found no sign of the detective. You sighed in defeat and sat down on a sofa in one of the meeting rooms. It was 7:20, 20 minutes past when you were supposed to leave for the evening.

"There you are (y/n)!" You looked up to see the friendly face of Watari. "Mr. Ryuzaki does apologize for being late, but he is ready and awaiting you downstairs." He held out a hand to help you stand up which you graciously accepted. You then followed the butler-like man to the elevator where he pressed the bottom floor's button.

"Watari, if I am thinking clearly, did you call L Ryuzaki?" You said, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. The bell dinged, alerting the two of you that you were now on the bottom floor.

The man chuckled and led you to the front doors of the building. "Indeed I did. He wishes for even me to call him by that name when we are not alone." You nodded in response and stepped outside, thanking Watari for holding the door open for you. The elder man smiled and returned to the elevator.