Chapter 16 My Heart Is Yours

WARNING: Language
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

You ran through the streets, Death Note in hand, and one objective to keep you going.

'I have to save L. I have to save L. I have you save L.'

You ran with all your might, thinking of the fastest way to get to the tower. Taking a bus or cab would take too long due to traffic, and biking would cause you to either run over people or get stuck behind cars. Running seemed to be your only option at the moment. You still had a while to go and you didn't know how much longer you could keep running.

'But if I stop now, L...'

You shook the thought from your head. There was no way you'd let that happen to him.

•=•Light's P.O.V.•=•

Standing in the same room as L was all too nice. He had no idea what was to happen to him in the next few minutes. L will finally fall. Kira will emerge and become the God of the new world! However, I couldn't help but wonder what on earth had gotten into Misa.

'She wanted me to spare L just so he and (y/n) could be together? Ha. What an idiot she is. Once Rem kills L and disappears, Misa will no longer be needed. Then I can rid this world of evil with (y/n) by my side.' I took a quick look around the room, 'where is that girl anyway?'

•=•Normal P.O.V.•=•

Finally, you made it to head quarters. Pushing through the doors, you sprinted to the elevators and rapidly pressed the floor number you desperately wished to go to. As the elevator carried you up, you tried catching your breath. Soon the elevator dinged, signaling that you had arrived at your designated floor. The doors opened slowly and you exited. Turning to the sound of voices down the hall, you quickly made your way towards the room. Your arm was suddenly caught by something. Looking back, you saw Rem.

"What are you doing?" You whisper-yelled. "I've got to go save L remember?"

"If you wish to save L please hand me the book," Rem said blandly.

"What? If you needed it then why'd you give it to me earlier?" You questioned.

"Your friends are investigators. They, along with Light would have been a little suspicious if they saw I had a second Death Note don't you think?"

You nodded and handed over the book. "Thank you for this, Rem."

Rem gave a slight nod and disappeared into the shadows. You once again made your way to the room, quieter this time, and peeked through the slight crack in the door. The team of investigators were spread out through the room, all looking at a screen in front of L. Suddenly, all of the lights shut off, leaving only the monitors to light up the room.

"What is this?!"

"A black out?"

Mixed questions and surprise came from the group. The screen with a fancy W on it began to make the sounds of someone struggling.

"Watari...? Watari!" L shouted and all the screens turned white; only the words "data deletion" were seen placed in the center.

"Data deletion? What the hell is going on here Ryuzaki?" Mr. Yagami questioned.

"I ordered Watari to delete all data we have if anything were to ever happen to him.

"If anything were to happen to him...?" Matsuda repeated in a worried tone.

L quickly looked around the room. "The shinigami, where is it?"

'Are they talking about Rem?' You asked mentally.