Chapter 14 The Death Note

WARNING: LANGUAGE
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

You awoke the next morning to see L still sleeping peacefully next to you with his arms wrapped loosely around your body. A blush lightly crept onto your cheeks at the closeness. Slowly, you slipped out of L's arms and swung your legs over the edge of the bed. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes as you began to stand, but a pair of arms stopped you; plopping you back down.

"Mmmm... (y/n)," L groaned in a deep and raspy tone. You blushed at the tired man's voice but reluctantly turned your head to look at him. L pulled you to his chest and hugged you. "Don't leave me here."

"I was just going to get some breakfast," you stated, "I didn't want to wake you."

L spaced your bodies and looked at you with a sleepy grin, his hair obviously tangled in knots. "You stay here and I'll go make breakfast."

"Like I would leave you alone in the kitchen after the last time you tried cooking! You nearly set the entire building on fire!" you exclaimed.

The man's mood quickly turned gloomy as he mumbled a reply, "I thought you had forgotten about that incident..."

You laughed and got up from the bed. L followed you as you made your way downstairs.

~~~Le time skip to after you've eaten and gotten dressed~~~

"So where are we headed to today oh mighty detective?" You asked as L locked the front door.

"You, miss (y/n) are going to go have fun on your day off while I attend to the work I've missed on the Kira case," the man said and started walking.

"You and everyone else have done nothing but keep me away from this case. I signed up to help you guys ya know!" You grumbled.

L sighed. "We just don't want you to get killed."

"I keep telling you that I'll be just fine!"

"I'll make a deal with you. If you spend the entire day far away from the task force and I, then you can work on the Kira investigation full time. How does that sound?"

"Ok I guess..." You mumbled in disappointment.

"Good. Now go have fun," L said and placed his hand on top of your head.

~~~~Time skip~~~~

"Sooooooooooo boooooooooooored," you groaned as you hung upside down on the edge of your couch. "I am seriously going to die of boredom."

'Ring ring. Ring ring. Ring ring.'

You scrambled to sit up so you could answer the phone. After face planting on the carpet, you picked up the phone and accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)!" A high pitched voice screeched from the other end, almost causing you to go deaf.

You held the phone farther away from your ear before responding. "Yes Misa?"

"I HEARD YOU HAD THE DAY OFF AND SO I VOLUNTEERED TO HAVE A GIRLS DAY WITH Y-O-U! I ASKED RYU ABOUT IT AND HE SAID IT WAS A GREAT IDEA."

Your eye ticked in annoyance. "Oh he did?"

"MHMM," she giggled. "NOW HURRY AND GET DRESSED! IM ALREADY OUTSIDE WAITING FOR YOU!"

"H-how do you know where I live?" You stuttered.

"Well Ryu of course!" She then ended the call to let you get ready.