~3~

Chapter 3 - Payback comes to bite him.

*not edited

"So we will travel to Swales Edge and look for an egg, then we will go to Yewsa Falls and also look." Derrick concludes.

"Correct, but we aren't to travel on dragons." I say, making a last minute decision.

"And why do you suggest this so?" Harmony asks.

"We'll travel by Kiolate (Ki-ole-ate)," I say, gesturing to the six feathered creatures I had caught earlier that morning, surprisingly tame for Wild Kiolates.

"You mean the Feathered horses?" Jolie says.

"They are call Kiolates, but yes, technically they are feathered horses." I sigh, rolling my eyes at her. "You will need to establish a pact with one. I will demonstrate."

I walk up to the six Kiolates that are lined up, the first is a pale blue girl. I hold my hand up in front of her muzzle. She touches her nose to my hand and then backs away, I repeat this with the next two. The fourth Kiolate is a pale purple. She is a bit smaller than the rest, but beautiful nonetheless. Holding my hand up she touches her muzzle to it and then licks my hand. I reach up stroke her forehead, three purple feathers that stick up from between her ears.

"Your name?" I ask her. When we are born, we are raised to learn the Kiolates language and way.

'Merit'

"Hello Merit, I am Emma." I whisper. She bows her head.

"I'll go." Jolie said and repeated what I did, she ended up making a pact with a pale turquoise Kiolate. Her name is Zelda.

Harmony pacted with the pale blue Kiolate named Astrid.

Liza pacted with a pale grey Kiolate names Vlyd.

Duce pacted with a pale green Kiolate named Haynes.

And Derrick pacted with a pale yellow Kiolate names Juno.

We all mount our Kiolates and begin to ride through Echo Forrest, towards Swales Edge, the death place of my mother.

***

We finally reach Swales Edge and tie the Kiolates up to a tree. Merit snorts at me and begins to eat some piera flowers. The tiny golden buds a sweet treat for the animals.

"It said on the scroll there should be an egg hidden in a crevice on the cliff wall," Liza says, playing with her nails.

"But how are we supposed to get it? We don't have our dragons," I groan, slapping my forehead. How could I have been so thick!

'Despite the absent of your dragons, this will not be impossible as you happen to have a very special Kiolate on your hands'

I look at Merit the fluffy purple feathered horse looking at me intently.

"Special? How so?" I enquire, walking up to the Kiolate.

'You see there are three types of Kiolate, just like there are three types of horse. There are Earth Kiolate, Pegasus Kiolate and Unicorn Kiolate. I am a Pegasus Kiolate.' She says.

I grin as she unfurls her purple feathered wings. I jump on her back and she begins to lower us over the edge of the cliff. My eyes dart side to side looking for the egg. A sudden glow in a deep crevice alerts me as I tell Merit to land, as the crevice is big enough for her to fit. I walk about a metre and come to an egg.

I stand near it, the egg glowing brightly. I take a deep breath and hesitantly walk towards it. I reach my hand out, my bottom lip squashed between my teeth. The egg burns me. I yell out in defeat. But then I realise something. This is Miles' egg. An expression of determination reaches my face.

"Merit go back up and get the egg proof gloves." I call to the entrance. A plan forming in my head.

***

Hey guys!

Hope you like this chapter!

Stick around.

-Speedy