~18~

*not edited

Emma.

We left late that afternoon, where we were set to meet was a long fly from Croydons home. I looked around as the scenery changed from trees, to ocean, to mountains and finally resided next to a lava pit where Croy began his decent.

"Spit Fire Lake? Why are we here?" I asked, tally Croydon on his neck, he shook his head, making me lean back to avoid getting impaled by one of his crystal horns. He huffs, a small stream of smoke billowing out of his nose. He stands on his hind legs, cause me to slide off and land on my ass.i grumble and stand, dusting myself off.

"You know how to call me if you need me, Emma" he says, before with a mighty flap of his wings he sent himself soaring into the sky. I take a deep breath and look around, no one else was here, I was alone. I looked at the pit of lava next to me, bubbles bursting and causing small drops of lava to go flying. I take a step back when one drop comes too close for comfort, the air I breathe is hot and my skin begins to get sticky.

I hear the crunch of footsteps behind me, from the sound it sounds like one person. Slowly I turn around and face them. It's not my father, rather a man the spitting image of my father. I begin shaking, tears forming in my eyes.

"Ryan?" I whisper, my voice getting all chocked up. No,this man wasn't my father. It was my brother.

"Hey Sis," he smiles slightly and waves, before his face going serious. "You can't be here, you need to leave!"

He runs up to me and grabs my hand and begins running, I have no choice but to follow him but I stop and pull my hand out of his.

"No! Wait! Ryan? What are you talking about?" I pant, staring at him. He runs his hands through his hair.

"Emma, its father, he doesn't want to meet with you, he wants to kill you. Look, you have something inside you that is stopping him from gaining maximum power, and the only way for him to acquire this power is if you're dead. We must go, we haven't much time!" He says quickly, panic clear in his voice as he keeps glancing behind me.

"Just wait, I'll get Croydon, just give me—" I'm cut short by a scream, confused I realise the scream was my own. I scream again a horrific pain slashing across my back,but this pain is different, it isn't from the mate bond. It's not Spencer's pain, it's not mine. It's Croydon.

"Croy!" My voice is high in hysterics as I scream his name in pain.

"Emma? No! We are too late!" He says, picking me up and whistling loudly. The pain is crippling, as though someone is constantly dragging a knife through my spine over and over and over again. The sound of wings is heard and I look up through blurry eyes confused.

A beast begins to descend from the sky, landing with a loud thud. I low whine leaves my lips as the pain reaches its peak.  My eyes blur more as I slump against my brother. He climbs on the beast and it takes of into the sky, screeching loudly. That screech.... I'd know that screech anywhere, it is a Griffin. The pain gets to be too much and I collapse in my brothers arms. I feel my head roll to the side, my arms are limp and hanging. I give up, I stop resisting the pain and it all comes in one final wave, tearing a scream from my throat. I see my brother look down at me with worry...and regret? 

Spencer.

Something wasn't right. I can't feel Emma's presence, it's like she's gone... I turn to look at Croydon who has regained his human form. He makes eye contact with me, and cocks his head in questions. 

"Something's wrong..." I trail off and run my hands through my hair, pulling at the roots. I try to link her but its like I'm hitting a wall. "Croydon, try contact Emma," 

Croydon looks at me funny before his eyes cloud over. His eyes clear and he frowns at the ground. 

"I can't?" he says before his eyes widen. With a giant crack, he has regained his dragon form and is off flying. It doesn't take long for him to return, landing in his human form. "She's gone," he pants, trying to catch his breath. 

"No!" I yell and punch the tree next to me, the tree splinters with the force behind the punch. All the dragon warriors behind us are murmuring with confusion. I clamp mu hands over my ears, replaying what she had said before...

"Some plot to get rid of me,"

"Get rid of me,"

"Get rid of me," 

"Get rid of me,"

"No!" I scream and phase into my wolf and run through the forrest, furiously sniffing the ground trying to pick up her scent. 

I will not lose her.

-----------------------

So here it is....

Disappointing as usual, I know. And I am so so sorry... I can't apologise enough. 

I promise I will try get the next chapter out as soon as possible. 

-Tayla xx