~17~

Emma.

*not edited

"What do you mean he's alive?" I hiss, glaring at the King.

"You will not glare at the King!" A guard orders from the door, unsheathing his sword.

"None of that, Kiros, leave her be!" Croydon steps in front of me. The guard frowns at his Prince, before sheathing his sword once again.

"And why in the Sun Goddesses name would he be looking for me, he was the one who deserted me!" I throw my hands up in desperation.

"It wasn't him that left you that night, Emma, he was under the control of the Red Witch, the enemy of the Fae. She knew how much your father adored you, she compelled him to leave you," The King explained. I gaped at him, disbelieving.

I turned to Spencer and burying my head in his chest, a small sob escaping my lips. Spencer wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back and laying his chin on the top of my head.

"Shhh, it's ok Little Dove," he whispers, kissing my head. I take a deep breath.

What is happening to me? I do not cry.

I thought to myself. I wiped my tears and stood up straight.

"Emma, you father wants to meet you," Croydon says, his eyes averted. I look straight at him.

"Okay," I say firmly.

We spend the next hour and a half organising when and where I was to meet my father, whether we required troops for protection and whether I was to go alone or not. The majority of the time was spent forming plans in case of an ambush.

"He won't attack, this isn't some plot to try get rid of me considering he failed the first time... right??" I say, suddenly second guessing my choice to actually see my father again. "He left me in a Forrest, to die, to starve, to survive on my own! I dont know if I should trust him after that..."

"You'll be fine Little Dove, I love you, and I will be with you every step of the way!" Spencer says, grabbing my hand.

I shake him off and walk away, running my hands through my hair.

This is stuffed up.

I don't understand. Why could he want to see me again after how he treated me, he left me in a flipping Forrest to die!

I make my way to the bathroom, gripping the sink I glare at myself in the mirror.

He didn't want you.

Tears come to my eyes.

You're worthless. Your own father didn't want you!

The tears finally spill out, I shout in anguish, bringing my fist back and punching the mirror. It shatters, my tear stained face being displayed in several different sections. My chest rushing harshly with deep breaths. My hair is a mess and the sink has indents of where my fingers once lay, my connected dragon abilities has spiked due to the sudden mood change.

"Love? Are you alright?" I hear Spencer's muffled voice through the door and a soft tap of him knocking. I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes before opening the door and staring at him in the eyes.

"I'm fine." I say firmly and push past him, back into the throne room where everyone else waited with confused looks on their faces.

"Everything okay Emma?" Croydon asks, hesitantly.

"Everything is fine, now when are we leaving, I want to get this over and done with," I sigh.

***

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry for the long wait, it's been a month, I know... I feel like crap...

A lot of things happened this past month that stopped me from writing, I apologise greatly. Things haven't been the best at home...

Um I'm sorry that this chapter is so short, my mind has been kind of muddled up lately and I don't know what is good or what is bad. I've had exams all week and two more on Monday and Tuesday, so wish me luck for those!

I hope this can keep you happy until I am able to get another chapter out..

Thankyou all for your patience.

ALSO 17-flipping-K reads!!!!!!!! I can't thank you guys enough!

-Tayla.