36: Rescue

A/N: Hello Hello peoples! Hope you enjoy !

...

...

"Wilder," I swallow the lump of fear that had formed in the back of my throat, "you're breaking the terms of your bail."

"What?" His grin shines even brighter and he steps closer, the barrel of the gun only four inches away from my cheek. "No 'how's it going' or 'how've you been'? Well, Annie, to tell you the truth, I haven't been that peachy.

"You see, the love of my life was torn away from me and I was charged with kidnapping. Ha! The insanity, right? So, I would just like to know who took my girl away from me and forced her to spread such lies."

He hesitates, as if waiting for me to answer his question. He'll kill you. He'll think you're crazy. "Annie, darling, now would be the time to answer me. You won't like it when I get... upset."

"I never saw his face," I smoothly lie, hoping to degrade his confidence with my own. His jaw ticks back and forth and he grinds his teeth, "Now, now, don't lie."

His fingers tighten around the gun and I glance over his shoulder to see everyone going about their business, completely oblivious.

Now isn't the time to be a hero, Ana. You scream and you scream loud. At least they'll know who kidnapped you, because you know this is going to end with you leaving with this maniac.

I open my mouth and let out the most blood-curdling scream of my life. "Help me! Somebody!"

One-hundred eyes set on me as I shout, and Wilder goes into action, yanking me into a headlock and pressing the gun against my temple.

"Nobody moves or she dies!" "He's lying! He won't kill me!" I continue right after. "You're very confident today, aren't you?" He murmurs into my ear.

"I'm giving a speech—" I say through a strained voice. "I have to be." "Analise, stay right there," Ian pops out of nowhere and I want to slap him. "What else am I going to do?"

"Trying to be helpful!" He calls back and Wilder tightens his grip on me.

"Well, you'd be very helpful if you simply let me leave with my love, here," He runs a finger down the side of my face, breathing hard as he restrains me.

Wimp.

"You know I'm not going to let you do that, Wilder. And neither are any of the people here. So," Ian advances a couple of steps, causing Wilder to narrow his eyes apprehensively, "give her to me, and maybe we can work something out."

Ian outstretches a hand, expecting me to be in his arms once again. Wilder seems to mull over the idea, before tightening his hold on my neck and aiming the gun at Ian instead.

He cocks it, "No. No 'working things out'! I'll be taken to prison, and Ana will have to suffer without me! I will not negotiate! Either you let me leave, Ian, or I kill you."

"Wilder," Ian steps closer. No! Stop moving forward you idiot. "We both know she'll hate you if you kill me—even moreso than she already does."

"Don't provoke him!" I call out and he tightens me to his chest. "You're lying! Ana, baby, tell him. Tell him that you love me and want to be with me."

My eyes meet Ian's and his eyes are telling me to speak the truth—to shoot down this psychopath's hope.

"I must not tell lies," I mutter. Wilder hesitates, as if he's been shocked, then begins to shake with rage. He lets out a loud, angry shout and waves the gun at Ian, "You did this! You poisoned her mind!