Chapter Two

Evelyn had no clue on how to handle this foreign situation. A deadly gorgeous, tall, muscular man with captivating brown eyes stood before her taking complete interest on her, too much interest it is dreamed scary.

"I need to go back to my camp." She stated firmly, her eyes nervously locking on his. Unknowingly, his large frame stood taller and an emotion rushed through him, one he had never felt before.

He felt captivated by this girl in front of him and he didn't want her to leave him, not even for a moment. He wanted her to stay with him, next to him for every waking minute of each long day of survival. It's been years since he's had company, let alone someone who could understand him, and the feeling created an unknown, warm buzz in his chest. One that made him feel the content emotion he hasn't fell since his parents graced this earth.

What puzzled him though, was the stab that shot through him when she looked frightened by his touch. She looked like a small animal that saw a predator, with large eyes and her small, rigid body wondering how they were to escape their doom and that too puzzled him. Why would the girl, Evelyn, be scared of him if he was one of the same kind? Their population was rare, so rare he though them to be extinct apart from himself before she graced him with her presence.

His eyebrows furrowed at her firm words. He shook his head, the wavy, long brown stands flopping side to side with his movement. Once again from curiosity and wonder his fingers rose and touched the soft hair upon her hair and fiddled with it absentmindedly, the action calming him.

"But, you stay. With me?" He spoke, his voice much more vulnerable and confused than he suspected it to be. Evelyn detected a hint of fright in his words, an emotion he would never admit to himself.

"No, I must return to camp." She said. Her mind was racing. She had no clue on how to act upon the situation. This man in front of her had just rescued her, saved her from what could have possibly been her death and what he wanted in return was the company that she was denying him.

She felt horrible, however she also felt scared, frightened from this wild stranger.

He shook his head again, his neck craning down to look on her.

"Stay."

He could tell she was once again about to reject him so he fought hard in his brain to find the words he was thinking. "For, little, while." She opened her mouth to decline but the word no couldn't surface.

This man had been living alone, out in the jungle for God knows how many years. And judging from his actions he hasn't seen another human for a while, let along interact with something.

"Okay." The words slipped past her mouth without her consent.

Angus didn't understand the meaning of the word she just used but her body language stayed the same. Her small frame was tense and alert, but her eyes stayed soft looking up at him so he took it as she would stay with him.

He felt his lips pulling up into a smile, something he would do on a rare occasion. Having no one with you after a while gave you no reason to smile, but now he has one.

While Angus was overjoyed and ecstatic she was willingly going to stay with him, Evelyn was doubting and second guessing herself and wondering how she could be so damn stupid to agree to something so careless and dangerous.

She jumped, shocked when she felt a rough hand grab at hers softly. Before she had any time to react, Angus was pulling her after his large frame towards the dense trees and away from her cliff. She was scared, she was petrified as she walked further and further away from her dad's camp grounds but it wasn't from the stranger. No, the stranger made her feel more at ease walking through the unknown wild.