Chapter Twenty Four

Sorry for the long wait!! ANd for any spelling/grammer mistakes xx

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

"Have you got a family history of high blood pressure?" Evelyn asked out loud. They had just started the medical questionnaire and already they had not been able to answer many of the questions because they required family history, or answers about childhood illnesses. "Skipping that one too," she murmured under her breath.

"Evy, this not fun." Angus complained next to her.

They had left the park when it started turning dark and headed home. It was now late at night and since there was nothing on TV, Evelyn decided to start the medical paperwork to get the lengthy process out of the way.

"I know Gus, but we have to do it eventually." They were sprawled on her double bed with Evelyn sitting up against the head board. Angus was lying diagonally across the bed, his head on her lap as he patiently waited for her to grow board of this too. So far, he wasn't having much luck.

"Gus don't want to."

"I, not Gus." Evelyn absent mindly corrected him. He muttered an apology, even though they both knew he didn't really mean it, and both of them didn't care either.

The radio was quietly playing in the background and Angus lay tapping his hands on his thigh to the beat. One thing he loved about civilization was the thing that they called music. He loved the band The Fray, also Twenty One Pilots and this person called Reece Mastin the most, however all doof doof music he found energizing. The dub step bass always made him want to get up, to do something that would make him tired. Ever since he discovered music, Evelyn played the radio in the background lots of the time for him.

"Do you have pain in your bladder or pelvis?" Evelyn asked.

"What is bladder and pelvis?"

"When you go to the toilet, is it painful?" Evelyn quickly asked, hated asking these questions but unfortunately Angus hadn't started his lessons yet and he couldn't read or write. She tested him that morning and he knew the very, absolute basics like his name and numbers. He could recite the alphabet and write the letters yet he couldn't put them together to read or write. Angus explain that he knew these because his parents had taught him on the island a very long time ago. He knew his times tables, division, addition and subtraction, but he didn't know what situation would ever recall them from. Evelyn gave him real life examples and although he was very, very slow at getting an answer, he still managed to. He was smart, very smart and Evelyn had a feeling that if he had grown up in civilization then he would be close to a genius.

"No." Angus replied, frowning. "Why they want to know?"

"Who knows?" Evelyn sighed, her hand falling down to Angus' head on her lap. Her fingers brushed though his hair, now washed and brushed from arriving at her house. The locks were softer now, much to Angus delight, and it was a painful hour trying to brush out the knots. Eventually, Evelyn had to trim the ends of his hair where the knots gathered and decided he needed to get a haircut soon. Not a massive one if it made him uncomfortable losing all of his hair, but enough to make sure the split ends were minimized.

"Do you have acne?" Evelyn glanced down at his face and Evelyn saw the pours on his face, not many white heads in site and one singular spot on his forehead. "Looking like a negative to me."