Chapter Seven

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I feel horrible guys!!! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and got everything you wanted and wished for.

"Evelyn, slow down." Mike couldn't help but let out a small chuckle as the small women eagerly raced on ahead of the large man, clearly wanting to find this mysterious man she claims to have met.

"We need to find him though," she sharply replied, feeling a bit guilty from snapping but not correcting her tone or apologizing in her haste. Already they had been walking for twenty minutes and the heat was making her tired. She pulled the water bottle out of the backpack and took a sip while Mike stopped and waited for her. She strained her neck to look up at him, the head strong man on the expedition, as he scouted the area with caution and judgment.

Mike was the tallest man Evelyn had ever met. Standing at a huge 6"8' he towered over everybody. The evident hours of hard work in the gym was evident as the amount of muscle stood out on his body, however due to his atletism he was lean. His hair had been shaven off leaving his pale head to shine from the suns reflection if you could ever get to a point where you could look down on the giant. His face had average brown eyes and his lips bordered on the thinner side as the pale pink lips rested tilted upwards in a small permanent smile from the man's happy personality. His features were average.

What made Mike stick out to be the true leader of the muscles accompanying the camp was not even his large, dangerous build but his witty, intelligent demeanor involving nature and safety procedures. His ability to think of escapes and ways to protect others was one of a genius. After only having photos from satellite and never having solid proof of dangers on the island, he was the prime candidate for the job of unknown threats and dangers that could call for any type of protocol and rapid thinking on the spot. That, and he was one of the friendliest people.

Quickly, Evelyn screwed the lid back on the bottle and chucked it away in the bag before strapping it on her back again. Earlier Evelyn had expressed her gut feeling to return to their meeting point, the top of the cliff. Mike had maneuvered a way to reach the point and with just under half the cliff left to hike Evelyn was filling with nerves.

"Ready?" Mike cocked an eyebrow and Evelyn frowned when she nodded, not seeing a bead of sweat on him as she was already sweating buckets. "Let me." Mike offered, one of his long arms outstretched in offer of taking the bag from Evelyn's small body in order to help her reach her destination in less of a struggle. Gratefully she smiled upwards at Mike and not even a moment later they continued the small walk up the rest of the cliff.

"He's not here." Mike stated as they stood at the top of the cliff not even ten minutes later. Evelyn stood puffing, her hands on her hips with bad posture as she slouched from tiredness while panting for air. She stood looking out over the edge at the vast body of ocean before her. The enormity of it was unbelievable. She stood deep in thought.

No way would Evelyn be able to remember the route to Angus' hut from memory, and Mike wouldn't allow her to take the risk of entering to far in without the rest of the party on the set hiking days designed for that purpose. Angus was light on his feet and very quiet so tracking him, especially in terrain they didn't know much about yet, would be difficult and next to impossible. Her only option was to yell.

"Angus! Ahhhhh!" She bellowed at the top of her lungs, her hands still on her hips and eyes closed as she yelled as loud as she could as she stooped to sounding in danger would make the man emerge. The island was huge and she knew for a fact that if Angus didn't want to be rediscovered, he wouldn't be.

Quick footsteps were heard behind and as Evelyn spun around her heart dropped when it was only Mike.

"I understand you want to find him Evie, but yelling like that isn't going to help. I thought you were in trouble." He scolded like a father, his age being seven years older than Evelyn making her feel small and naive.