Chapter Thirty Three

This is poorly edited because I'm on an ancient I-pad :)

Bliss.

It was the only word the pair could describe this moment as, as they drove to Angus' apartment. Gus lightly held onto one of his Evy's hand, reluctant to let go as she stole it back every now and again to turn the steering wheel properly. The feeling was familiar, it was comfortable and comforting. Just what the couple wanted and craved, but it was also something they needed.

They both knew the talk was bound to happen that day, but for the moment, they pushed it aside to enjoy each other in the way they haven't be able to for a bit.

"Gus!" Evelyn laughed as she tried to pry her hand away from his hold. They were nearing the roundabout and Evelyn needed both hands to safely maneuver around the circle, but Angus loved having her to hold once again that he was stubborn.
"Gus!" She shrieked with a laugh. With a bit of force, the ripped her hand out of his grip, catching the grin on his face as she flicked on her blinker and waited for the car on her right to pass, before going herself.

She kept both hands on the wheel, knowing very well that Angus' playful mood may get them into a crash. Angus seemed to have noticed this, so he settled or placing a hand on her knee and absentmidnly drew small patterns onto her exposed skin. Evelyn felt her body warm up slightly, having missed the small touches that she once took for granted.

Angus' tanned fingers contrasted hugely with Evelyn. Although it is spring and Evelyn was tanned from the expedition, Angus was much browner from his life in the jungle. His nails lightly scratched against her skin, making Evelyn hum in satisfaction at the touch.

"You're so fucking beautiful, Evelyn." His voice sounded extremely raspy, and Evelyn felt her cheeks heating up from the compliment and from the intense stare he was giving her. His eyes didn't wander once, taking in the beautiful sight he had been deprived of for a week and a half.

"Shut up," she mumbled, feeling flustered.

"Why?"

"Because," She lamely replied. Angus laughed, a genuine laugh as he watched his female blush all because of him. Seeing her so happy and how they always were before he screwed up provided him with a mental peace.

"You swear now." Evelyn blurted randomly. She couldn't help but notice the more he attended classes and his English improved, the more he swore as well and used modern slang.

"I talk to Mike on the phone." The answer was all Evelyn needed to hear. Even though Mike was a nice and genuine bloke, he swore like there was no tomorrow when he wasn't in a work environment. It dropped into a peaceful silence again.

"I love you." The words effortlessly fell from his lips. Not used to it and the sincerity he said them in, Evelyn's foot accidently hit the accelerator slightly as she became even more flustered.

"I love you too." She mumbled shyly, glancing over at her man.

"Not too." Angus said randomly. As he saw the puzzled look on her face, he smiled small before expanding. "Too, is an agreeing word. It makes it sound like you agreeing because you have to."

"Look at my grammar Nazi," Evelyn laughed, reaching over to poke his hip like she used to do all the time. Angus didn't get the joke, and kept a blank face at her. "It's like. Just, you're smart now, okay?" Evelyn corrected herself, forgetting he wasn't aware of the term.

"I love you," Angus repeated, waiting expectantly for a reply. A grin broke onto his face when his Evy turned her head glancing in his eyes for a moment before looking back on the road.