Chapter Twenty Six

Not edited very well :)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Angus, Angus can you stand still for a photo please?"

"Angus, what is it like adapting to a life in civilization?"

"Sorry to bother you Angus, but can we get an exclusive photo?"

Angus' head was swirling. He had just stepped out of his session with Doctor Jones and the first thing that caught his attention was the calling and yelling from people, blinding flashes going off in his face. His mind was flashing and he couldn't process what to do, what to think, even how to act.

Last time this happened at the park with Evy, the man and lady were nice to him. They respected his privacy, understood his barriers and were kind and gentle. However ever since the report of him and his story aired on the TV three weeks ago, many news reporters and news presenters swarmed him for a glance at The Wild Man, and for the exclusive interview that the whole world was fascinated by.

Unsure on what to do, he stood still like they asked as they clicked their contraptions, flashes going off and blinding him. His hair had the top layer tied up today, much to Evelyn's amusement of her experimentation with his hair. He liked the look, the practicality of having it out of his face yet the familiar feeling of his hair around his shoulders as it was every day at his home. It was much shorter though as Evelyn had cut the split ends off. Although now his hair didn't fall half way down his back, it now stopped a few inches below his shoulders and it was softer than ever.

His tall frame was clad in black trackie shorts with two bold white stripes down the sides and a plain white tee-shirt hanging loosely off his body. It broadened his shoulders and showed off his dark tan, making him appear friendlier as his eyes softened from the light colour. Yet at the same time, his body looked taller, stronger and more dangerous. His appearance is a mystery.

His brown eyes took everything in, his body tense from the flashes. Angus scanned the parking lot, not able to find Evelyn and her familiar car. He didn't want the lights flashing at him, he didn't want people yelling at him. He liked it better when people didn't pay him much attention, better when their attentions weren't drawn on him so he could adjust by himself.

"No, no flashes." Angus said, his voice thick laced with nerves and tension. The flashes were hard for him to see through and it was making him anxious. "Please." He added, remembering the social lessons he had just been taught.

"Sorry Angus."

"Sorry man."

"No hard feelings, sorry."

Everyone called out to him. They wanted their story, their pictures and their articles but at the same time, these reporters were human. They couldn't imagine what he was going through, and if turning the flash off made him more comfortable and allowed them to get their pay slip, it wasn't much of a sacrifice.

Angus nodded his head in thanks and stood down from the concrete steps he was on. Everyone parted for him as he walked to the left of the building, a folder and books held in his large hands down at his waist.

He didn't realize it, but he looked incredibly beautiful. Although guarded form the unknown of this new world, Angus' eyes held the innocence of a child experiencing the world. Everywhere he looked he discovered new things, some made him nervous and anxious however most made him stare at them in awe. The tall buildings were structured like his home, the memory making a pang through his chest. He missed it, but being with his Evy made it all worthwhile.