Chapter Twelve

About half an hour passed in silence, a silence that was deemed comfortable however Angus could feel the tiny bit of apprehensiveness from Evelyn. She still looked up and admired him, sending him small smiles every now and then with the only sound of them finishing off his hunting weapons. Every now and then, Evelyn would drop a stone that would clatter loudly to the ground and echo in the silence and she'd mutter some words, her cheeks heating up that made Angus swoon on the inside. He didn't know what it was about her, but it was everything.

From her personality which he loved the most, so understanding and careful, loving towards him and helping him to make sure he was okay with new adaptions and even comfortable in his own skin made his stomach flutter and his body tightening with an unknown feeling. And her long, black wild curls that fell down her back drew him in with the softness that complemented the softness of her body, contrasting hugely against his rough one. When he held her tight it felt like he was in pure heaven.

Evelyn couldn't help but feel the same.

Angus tried hard, so damn hard to communicate and learn from her, to keep her safe and try to adapt so he could be civil with her. Although his anger showed through and he lasted out from not being able to handle interactions with other people as well as others his age, he understood his mistakes as the guilt practically ate him from the inside. And then his eyes, so captivating and intriguing, the brown eyes holding so much emotion and happiness in them however the survival mode was hard to miss lying just behind his happiness. His body was so tall and strong that whenever he hugged Evelyn she felt cocooned in him, safe from everything around and if there's one thing she ever wanted a man to make her feel, it was safe.

"I'm, sorry Evy." Angus finally murmured again, feeling extremely guilty that he had caused her harm.

"It's okay Gus." She gently said. "But if there's one thing you need to work on its controlling your emotions. I can help you get through, it if you want." She kindly offered him. Deep down Evelyn knew to be cautious but she couldn't pull herself away from him. If helping him work on this will make it easier and safer then she was more than willing to do it.

Instead of responding with words, Angus beamed a grin at her and grabbed her ankles, pulling her across the floor towards him. Evelyn shrieked in surprise and before she knew it she was sitting between his legs that were opened swparled on the ground, her heart beating from shock as he pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Evelyn ignored the small scratches from the sticks on the back of her legs from being dragged over the branches and melted into his embrace.

Angus felt the urge to lean forward and to some reason put his lips on hers. He wanted to give in, to follow the urge but he didn't know if it was acceptable. He fought hard to stop it and just pulled her in tighter to him, his grip tightening slightly. He mumbled complete nonsense to get himself to snap out of it and Evelyn listened, confused to the small sounds he was making.

Her arms tightened around his neck and she breathed in. She couldn't get over the fact that he was clean for a man in the wild. His skin wasn't caked in dirt and although his hair was tangled, it wasn't overly so. He smelt a tiny bit of BO, having no deodorant in the wild but at the same time he smelt clean and refreshing of the jungle, like the smell of fresh rain.

"Can we keep exploring?" Evelyn finally questioned after a minute. Angus nodded his head, the urge disappearing a tiny bit as he controlled himself. Already Angus knew where he wanted to take Evelyn and he stood up, pulling her to her feet after him. He grabbed the back pack reluctantly and draped it over his shoulder.

"You stay, tonight?" Angus questioned her.

"Not here," Evelyn replied. "Dad won't want me out again. But you can come back to camp and stay there with us. Since we'll be around others dad will let you stay in my tent." Evelyn sounded like a child to herself stating her dad wouldn't approve of something but she didn't mind. Although she would want to stay here again, her tent was much more comfortable.